Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best Buy runs out of Lost bonus discs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 09:23 AM

Quote:
Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent Lost Season 2 DVD order on BestBuy.com.

Due to a shipping issue with our vendor the DVD we sent you may not have the Special Features bonus disc included. Our inventory of the bonus disc has sold out and we are unable to procure additional units from the vendor. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $5 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com. Your coupon code is:

I don't yet know if I am one of the people who did not get the bonus disc, since my order has not arrived yet.

The $5 coupon makes up for the higher cost of Best Buy -- Lost cost $40.62 at Best Buy online versus $35.89 at Amazon and DeepDiscountDVD. But on the other hand, I need to buy something to make this "coupon" worth anything.

Would have been nice if they'd simply sent a $5 refund, a cashable rebate.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,644 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 11 2006 - 11:40 AM

Well, I didn't have my heart set on the bonus disc and I was able to use a 10% off coupon with an in-store pickup, so out the door it was $32 and change for the purchase. The $5 coupon is just icing on the cake Posted Image.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com