Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any VEGA$ Fans Around ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 04:51 AM

Over the weekend i was watching a old vhs recording of some episodes from FX and it re-emphasized to me how good this show is and how bad i want it on DVD. I was checking around to try and find out who own's the rights to this Spelling show would it be Paramount who got the right's recently ?

Edit to Add: Found the Opening Credits to the show on YouTube for those that might want to take a look. This has a great theme song aswell!!

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted September 11 2006 - 05:00 AM

I don't know who has the distribution rights to Vega$ but I'm also waiting for this one on DVD. I checked at TSoD : "DVD Rights owned/licensed by: Unknown"

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 06:17 AM

I have never seen this, but being a big fan of Charlie's Angels/T.J. Hooker?Starsky & Hutch, I think I'd really enjoy it. Seeing as all of these shows are owned by Sony, I wouldn't doubt it if Vegas is as well.
Dan T.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,336 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 05:14 PM

Heh, it's been years since I've seen any Vega$. The theme sounds soooo typically 70s/ealry 80s, and I could swear there are riffs in that which appear in other 70s or 80s themes as well; for instance, there's a bit where the trumpets crescendo, key changes and the twangy guitar starts riffing, which sounds very much like the theme from Magnum. I don't remember enough of this show to know whether I'd actually buy it, though. I'm more keen on Spenser: For Hire, actually, partly because I was a little older when it came out and therefore appreciated its plots more.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 08:18 PM

Perhaps VEI can release this,like they did Hardcastle & McCormick and Riptide.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 09:37 PM

Since Robert Urich did a guest appearance on Charlies Angels as Dan Tanna I'd say its a good possibility the rights are owned by whoever has the C.A. rights. This is only 3 seasons, could be done in a year of releases. I'd really like to see this one come to DVD.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   dany

dany

Supporting Actor

• 694 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 01:37 AM

I'd love to see Spencer for hire.
Get In My Belly.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 02:27 AM

Sounds like it probably is owned by Sony then. I am also waiting on Spencer like others, I just hope the DVD release of the TV Movies doesn't prevent the 3 seasons to come out.
If VEI has canadian rights to VEGA$ and say perhaps a Matt Houston another 3 Season Wonder. It would be great if they could get them out there. I dunno if it is possible or not as both hardcastle and riptide are both cannell shows. So maybe they just have a deal with them i dunno. I am all for anyone that gets these released though!!

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 03:33 AM

Count me in as another fan of Vega and Spenser For Hire. This show needs to be released on dvd.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,336 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 03:32 PM

For some reason, a quote from an end-of episode voiceover (Spenser, of course, Vega$ wasn't that "deep") sticks in my mind to this day: Hawk had gone missing, feared dead, but at the end had been found alive and well, and in the voiceover closing the ep Spenser said something to the effect of "No matter how many times our paths cross, each man's journey through life is a solitary one. We live as we dream: alone." I was later told (and shown) the last line was a quote from Joseph Conrad's Heart Of Darkness. Was it ever established what Spenser's first name was? His surname was obviously from Edmund Spenser, and IIRC in one ep he went undercover as an English teacher (oh irony!), and may even have used the name Edmund, but was that his actual first name? Odd that even his girlfriends called him Spenser (or maybe I just missed references to his first name). Oh, and another reason to watch Sepnser: his girlfriends were elegantly hot, if that makes sense -- real babes, yet strong intelligent characters as well. Edit: Odd, I just checked IMDB, to find out the names of the actresses who played his girlfriends (the second one, that played ADA Rita Fiori, also plays the shrink that regularly appears on L&O -- ah, found it under L&O: Carolyn McCormick); the entry for Spenser doesn't contain the main cast!!! There's a long list of guest stars, but oddly main cast has vanished. Looking a bit further, Barbara Williams played Susan Silverman, his psychiatrist girlfriend in S1 & S3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users