What's new

Any VEGA$ Fans Around ? (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Over the weekend i was watching a old vhs recording of some episodes from FX and it re-emphasized to me how good this show is and how bad i want it on DVD. I was checking around to try and find out who own's the rights to this Spelling show would it be Paramount who got the right's recently ?

Edit to Add: Found the Opening Credits to the show on YouTube for those that might want to take a look. This has a great theme song aswell!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I don't know who has the distribution rights to Vega$ but I'm also waiting for this one on DVD. I checked at TSoD : "DVD Rights owned/licensed by: Unknown"

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I have never seen this, but being a big fan of Charlie's Angels/T.J. Hooker?Starsky & Hutch, I think I'd really enjoy it.
Seeing as all of these shows are owned by Sony, I wouldn't doubt it if Vegas is as well.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Heh, it's been years since I've seen any Vega$. The theme sounds soooo typically 70s/ealry 80s, and I could swear there are riffs in that which appear in other 70s or 80s themes as well; for instance, there's a bit where the trumpets crescendo, key changes and the twangy guitar starts riffing, which sounds very much like the theme from Magnum.

I don't remember enough of this show to know whether I'd actually buy it, though. I'm more keen on Spenser: For Hire, actually, partly because I was a little older when it came out and therefore appreciated its plots more.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
Since Robert Urich did a guest appearance on Charlies Angels as Dan Tanna I'd say its a good possibility the rights are owned by whoever has the C.A. rights.

This is only 3 seasons, could be done in a year of releases. I'd really like to see this one come to DVD.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Sounds like it probably is owned by Sony then. I am also waiting on Spencer like others, I just hope the DVD release of the TV Movies doesn't prevent the 3 seasons to come out.

If VEI has canadian rights to VEGA$ and say perhaps a Matt Houston another 3 Season Wonder. It would be great if they could get them out there. I dunno if it is possible or not as both hardcastle and riptide are both cannell shows. So maybe they just have a deal with them i dunno. I am all for anyone that gets these released though!!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as another fan of Vega and Spenser For Hire. This show needs to be released on dvd.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
For some reason, a quote from an end-of episode voiceover (Spenser, of course, Vega$ wasn't that "deep") sticks in my mind to this day: Hawk had gone missing, feared dead, but at the end had been found alive and well, and in the voiceover closing the ep Spenser said something to the effect of "No matter how many times our paths cross, each man's journey through life is a solitary one. We live as we dream: alone."

I was later told (and shown) the last line was a quote from Joseph Conrad's Heart Of Darkness.

Was it ever established what Spenser's first name was? His surname was obviously from Edmund Spenser, and IIRC in one ep he went undercover as an English teacher (oh irony!), and may even have used the name Edmund, but was that his actual first name? Odd that even his girlfriends called him Spenser (or maybe I just missed references to his first name). Oh, and another reason to watch Sepnser: his girlfriends were elegantly hot, if that makes sense -- real babes, yet strong intelligent characters as well.

Edit: Odd, I just checked IMDB, to find out the names of the actresses who played his girlfriends (the second one, that played ADA Rita Fiori, also plays the shrink that regularly appears on L&O -- ah, found it under L&O: Carolyn McCormick); the entry for Spenser doesn't contain the main cast!!! There's a long list of guest stars, but oddly main cast has vanished. Looking a bit further, Barbara Williams played Susan Silverman, his psychiatrist girlfriend in S1 & S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks