What's new

The Class ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Tivo showed the first episode of "The Class" last night via Discovery, and commercial free. This show seems to be one of the breakout shows of the season. I was glad to see Jason Ritter get a role to prove he did inherit his father's comedic genious. Will it hold up for an entire season, I don't know, but I can't wait to see more.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Class" - I wouldn't mind it sticking around, but I am not sure it's going to find its footing amongst the viewers. The only reason I'd watch it is for Andrea Anders and Lizzie Kaplan. The premise of the show is that one classmate from the 3rd grade gathers as many 3rd grade classmates for his girlfriend (but it's been 20 years since 3rd grade for all of them), and when all these classmates gather and re-connect, some romantic sparks fly and the lure of a second chance proves to be irresistible for some of them.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'll watch it because until I got to college, the best time I ever had in school was the third grade. I often wonder whatever happened to my friends (I moved away after 5th grade.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Seems odd to use 3rd grade - we weren't thinking of ourselves as a class then like we did in high school.

How do you even find people you knew when they were 8 or 9? Many of the women will have changed their names.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I saw this a few months ago, and the laugh track was really annoying, especially since there was only one or two good jokes in the whole thing. If they toned that down, and uh, write better jokes, it might work, since the cast is interesting.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to this show - it looks like it'll be pretty funny, so I'm glad to hear some good stuff about it. I like Lizzy Caplan a lot, she was good in Mean Girls. I also think that it looks like it would pair well with How I Met Your Mother. I'll be checking it out next Monday.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I only watched about 1/2 of the episode last night and I wasn't that impressed. I'll give it another chance tonight. Maybe it was my mood last night.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It wasnt that bad. But then again, I am turning out to be a jinx for shows. If I like them, they get cancelled. So, since I just said it wasn't bad, maybe this show will not catch the "if Scott likes it, it will get cancelled" bug.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed it! I think the characters are all different enough that their interactions will stay interesting, and I like that they weren't all instantly best friends - there's a lot of places to go in terms of how they all become friends, and who has scenes with whom.

Lizzy Caplan was awesome. I loved the "I have totally forgotten your name" line. And the red headed depressed guy might have moved into the slot of my favorite character because I love that kind of dry and deadpan humor. (Also, did he hit her with a car? Totally not expecting that!)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The critics that panned The Class also panned How I Met Your Mother. I think both shows are good and a great way to start the week.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I thought it was pretty good too. Lizzy's great, I liked her in Related on WB last season. And the guy hitting the girl with his car was priceless and made the show worth the watch. I'll keep following it for the time being.

BTW, it can be watched free on cbs.com on innertube if interested.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
It was ok. I'll probably give it another episode or two before I commit it to a series recording.
There were some things that just didn't sit right. Not really sure what those things were either.
I think my biggest problem was that it took half of the episode to figure out who that girl was (the one from Mean Girls).

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I had low expectations for this show and I was totally surprised that I enjoyed it thoroughly. Hope it holds up as it makes a great lead for the Monday comedy block.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

I know - I think it goes really well with How I Met Your Mother.

The car thing? Priceless. Richie the Depressed Guy is awesome :) It just came out of nowhere and was so funny. I like that it seems to be going for the unpredictable there (and with other things - like how they are not all still friends, that some people weren't really into the "reconnecting" thing, etc.)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

That was totally awesome. I actually still had the ep on the DVR, and I watched that part again, and it was still funny. :) Hi-larious.

I wonder if that incident will play in next week? (Maybe that is how they all keep reconnecting?)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Damn, I missed it. How many episodes have there been? Are they legally available anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks