Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Player Won't Stop Loading! Why?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Eric Scott

Eric Scott

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted September 10 2006 - 05:38 PM

Toshiba SD-6200, old model with moderate use worked fine until today. Tried a few DVD's and it's stuck on loading.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Eric Scott

Eric Scott

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 02:46 PM

You won't believe it! I just bought a Toshiba sd-3990 and the same exact thing happens; the machine is stuck on loading!!!

I have double and triple checked the connections and attempted to play five DVDs that I know are in perfect condition,,, I have re-checked and switched back to the sd-6200-no luck.

What could be the problem? Help!!!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,333 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted September 12 2006 - 12:37 AM

hi Eric
No idea...back luck on your part?
best wishes
Gregg

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Eric Scott

Eric Scott

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 05:28 PM

Resolved these problems. I had connected the component out/in-puts straight away. The new sd-3990 must be set to component in the setup menu by using the the video in/ou cables included with the player. (This was not very clear in the instructions.)

Toshiba is sending me a upgrade disc that should take care of the problem with the old sd-6200. They were almost certain that the chips need only to be updated.

If all goes well I will have a backup machine.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Rick P.

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted September 16 2006 - 09:36 AM

If the 6200 worked until yesterday I doubt that a software update is going to help. The software updates usually help read discs with new features that are released from time-to-time or those on newer high-speed media.

Note that I also had this problem intermitently with my XS32, except it knew enough to stop trying to read a disc after 30 seconds or so.

Rick

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted September 16 2006 - 10:16 AM

Usually this means a dead or malfunctioning laser or it could be the processor that controls all activity in the player. The older processors weren't very effiecient and got very hot, and Heat is #1 enemy to electronics.