-

Photo
- - - - -

A Bit of Fry and Laurie - missing & incorrect extras?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Helena

Helena

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 02:28 AM

I recently purchased the R1 S1 and S2 of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie". While I have enjoyed the episodes, I am a little confused about the extras. According to Amazon.com (where I bought them) and the back of the DVD covers:

S1 is supposed to include the "1987 Christmas Special". My copy only contains the 6 S1 episodes.

S2 is supposed to include "Footlights: 100 years of comedy - 56 minutes of documentary featuring early Fry & Laurie material" . My copy contains a 46 minute show called the "Cambridge Footlights" (I think), which is a show of earlier material of Fry & Laurie's, and while entertaining, it definitely not a documentary.

Has anyone found the same?

#2 of 6 Ted Kontos

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 08:11 AM

If it helps any, my R2 version of Season 1 contains the 1987 Christmas Special (which was a pilot) and the disc runs at 211 minutes. Don't have the number of episodes handy, but I'll check when I get access to my TV.
--------
Ted K.

#3 of 6 Helena

Helena

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kontos
If it helps any, my R2 version of Season 1 contains the 1987 Christmas Special (which was a pilot) and the disc runs at 211 minutes. Don't have the number of episodes handy, but I'll check when I get access to my TV.
Well my S1 set is 212 mins as well, so it could be alright. Maybe S2 had the extra changed after the DVD artwork was done - either that or the people doing the artwork got it wrong???

#4 of 6 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 05:13 AM

The episode marked as "pilot" in the S1 menu _is_ the Christmas special. It was originally intended to be something of a one-off. It grew into a show, and then 4 series. Posted Image

The S2 thing sounds like an artwork oops to me. I much prefer getting the Cambridge thing though, since I recall seeing it on TV a few times when I was younger.

#5 of 6 Helena

Helena

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for helping clarify things Alex!

Cheers

#6 of 6 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,625 posts

Posted August 20 2007 - 05:42 AM

I just received the new box set ("A Bit of Fry & Laurie, The Complete Collection ... every bit!").

Apparently it contains the four season discs (DVD9), so I trust it has the "Pilot" as well, on the Season One disc.

Cees