Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A Bit of Fry and Laurie - missing & incorrect extras?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Helena

Helena

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 02:28 AM

I recently purchased the R1 S1 and S2 of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie". While I have enjoyed the episodes, I am a little confused about the extras. According to Amazon.com (where I bought them) and the back of the DVD covers: S1 is supposed to include the "1987 Christmas Special". My copy only contains the 6 S1 episodes. S2 is supposed to include "Footlights: 100 years of comedy - 56 minutes of documentary featuring early Fry & Laurie material" . My copy contains a 46 minute show called the "Cambridge Footlights" (I think), which is a show of earlier material of Fry & Laurie's, and while entertaining, it definitely not a documentary. Has anyone found the same?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ted Kontos

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 08:11 AM

If it helps any, my R2 version of Season 1 contains the 1987 Christmas Special (which was a pilot) and the disc runs at 211 minutes. Don't have the number of episodes handy, but I'll check when I get access to my TV.
--------
Ted K.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Helena

Helena

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 12:43 AM

Well my S1 set is 212 mins as well, so it could be alright. Maybe S2 had the extra changed after the DVD artwork was done - either that or the people doing the artwork got it wrong???

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 05:13 AM

The episode marked as "pilot" in the S1 menu _is_ the Christmas special. It was originally intended to be something of a one-off. It grew into a show, and then 4 series. Posted Image

The S2 thing sounds like an artwork oops to me. I much prefer getting the Cambridge thing though, since I recall seeing it on TV a few times when I was younger.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Helena

Helena

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for helping clarify things Alex! Cheers

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,713 posts

Posted August 20 2007 - 05:42 AM

I just received the new box set ("A Bit of Fry & Laurie, The Complete Collection ... every bit!"). Apparently it contains the four season discs (DVD9), so I trust it has the "Pilot" as well, on the Season One disc. Cees