What's new

Dungeons & Dragons (cartoon). Finally!! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey*C

Auditioning
update: It is being released on Dec. 5th...

-----------------------------------------------

For us R1 people :)

November 7th! I can't wait ... well I guess I have no choice to wait, but still it's going to be an exciting wait.

This is one of the top DVD sets I've been waiting for, so I can soon take it off my list.

Here is the official press release:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6079

and here is a link to a forum that someone who claims to be involved in the extras, in case anyone has anything to contribute:
http://members.boardhost.com/helix/msg/1156896941.html

If there already is a thread for this, let me know.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
I was always a fan of this show when it was on and was excited to hear of its impending release on DVD. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine, who is an avid D&D gamer, he looked at me like I was some kind of heretic and told me how much "true" D&D fans despise this show, particularly Uni. (Okay, Uni was annoying, but his (?) type of character was a staple of animated shows of the time)
Still looking forward to it myself though. I always liked the "Dekkion" episode where the old soldier has to redeem himself.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ever notice how people who call themselves "true fans" of something are usually real sticks in the mud about it? :) As a non-true fan, I'm looking forward to this. Was a childhood favorite.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Will be interested to see if the quality is better than the R2 versions which I have. The same problem they mention about the opening credits is present on the R2 though they do include the second season credits as an extra on one of the discs. The R2 version also included the draft script to the unfilmed ending to the season which would have made a fitting end to the series as well I think.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I just think its weird every villain and monster from the show had an action figure made, but the main characters never did.......

This is probably the last DVD I'll buy. (since I doubt it'll ever be on HD)

David Levine

Supporting Actor
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6453

Included in this collectible package is the official "Dungeons & Dragons Animates Series Handbook" Hard-Cover Game Supplement. Created exclusively for this release by Wizards of the Coast, the Animated Series Handbook is 32 pages of official character profiles with full stats, magic items and a brand new adventure. The adventure is a prelude to the episode "The Dragon's Graveyard" and is designed to bridge the gap between the game and the animated television series. The characters and world within the animated series are now playable with the traditional RPG game.

Also included is an Episode Guide Booklet with show's synopsis, writers, and original air dates.

Disc 5 includes the following extensive bonus features:
•The all-new half hour documentary, "Entering the Realm of Dungeons & Dragons" featuring interviews with the show's production team, writers, animators and network executives
•Two commentary tracks for episodes "Night of No Tomorrow" and "The Dragon's Graveyard" with producer Bob Richardson, story editor and voice director Hank Saroyan, writers Mark Evanier and Michael Reaves and CBS executives Ted Field II and Judy Price, and animator Michael Swanigan. Hosted by Special Features producer Andy Mangels
•Radio show style presentation of unaired episode "Requiem" featuring popular animation voice talent, plus original cast member Katie Leigh
•Full length animated storyboard with interactive episode comparison for Episode #16 "The Girl Who Dreamed of Tomorrow"
•"Choose Your Own Adventure" DVD Game
•50 Detailed Characters, Creatures and Artifacts, Profiles with Bios, Images and Clips
•Short live-action fan film by Sean Kennedy
•"Uni's Fun Facts" Trivia
•Extensive Gallery of original model sheets and memorabilia
•Alternate and rare footage
•Easter Eggs
•DVD-ROM extras, including scripts for multiple episodes (with the un-produced series finale script), complete storyboards and the original series bible
•More INK & PAINT trailers

Scott Ruhl

Agent
Wow! This is my most anticipated DVD for the rest of the year. I can't believe that they're including a Hardcover D&D Handbook for the series. This is all too much, I'm so freaking excited!!

Jeffrey*C

Auditioning
well, it was pushed back, but coming this Tuesday! yay!
happy to see others interested in its release. I still can't get over how much we get in the "extras" department. I was just happy to finally own an official release in any form, so once again ... yay!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I keep waffling over whether I'm going to pick this up or not. I still have lots of Defenders of the Earth to get through, He-Man and She-Ra plus bazillions of other things. Choices, choices, choices...

It was great watching this on FOX back in college after classes were done for the day. They used to run D/D and X-Men back to back on weekday afternoons. Then they took them off. That made Jason sad.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I had a few original recordings on an old betamax tape. Yes the betaVCR still functions! They seem to be intact to me, i didn't notice any ommissions in the couple of episodes i had to compare.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

If this is considered "hijacking" a thread then please shoot me an e-mail. ([email protected])

What are the chances of BCI going after the old Marvel cartoons? They seem to be in limbo.

There is NO COMPANY I would rather see get them. You guys are amazing!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Guys, just a heads up. I got mine last night from BB and it includes a plastic "figure" in a see-through box on top of the case. It's attached using ULTRA high quality spots of glue. I was very careful and still managed to tear off a bit of the red packaging. This stuff is far and away the strongest glue I've seen on a DVD case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks