What's new

Grey's Anatomy Season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just another reminder, Grey's Anatomy returns tonight and given the push by ABC (airing loads of reruns from last season this summer), it's poised to give CSI a run for its money in its new Thursday night timeslot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the season premiere episode was okay. The flashbacks of a more innocent times for the gang seemed a little off-putting as Izzie deals with Denny's death in her curl-up-on-the-floor way, and then seeing the breakup of Derek and Addison was painful. The plague storyline seemed too forced to have Derek and George confront their "live everyday as the last day" initiative for their love lives. All in all, I think the pacing for the episode was off, but I suspect they'll get back up to speed in episodes to come.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I agree, Patrick. The episode was okay, but in no way was it up to the caliber of season two's finest, which I find a bit surprising considering that Shonda herself, wrote it. The plague sub-plot was kind of dopey and didn't go anywhere. In the end, it came off as a contrived device that smacked of ER and reinforced to me why I stopped watching that show ages ago.

Hopefully, things will pick up in short order and the show will get right back on track. I am a big fan, but I must confess that this is NOT the season opener (in a tough new time-slot) that I expected.

Also, is it just me, or is ABC doing a lousy job of promoting their Fall premieres? If I didn't happen to check the online TV listings late yesterday, I would not have known Grey's was on last night. Earlier in the week, I missed Boston Legal because I had no idea it was returning this week. Whatever happened to all the "premiere week" hoopla?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Season opener, well okay, not the moving episode I thought it was going to be. Advertising for the opener was somewhat juicier than the actual episode. Clearly the clips are for next Thursday's episode. But interesting build to see which direction each character goes.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
I wish the whole Denny thing would go away. Overdone for me. To bad i read something about a twin denny brother was possible. Grr.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
The thing that felt missing to me was the connect with the patients. Every episode before it seems that the cast has always made some type of connection the patients one way or the other, just to break away from the drama of their lives or to put things in perspective. I felt the baby thing last night just didn't do that for me.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I just got around to watch the show last night and I really liked it. This may have to do with the fact that I just had finished watching Brothers and Sister's and Gray's is so much better than that show. None the less I look forward to the new season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This has been a much more upbeat and entertaining episode of GA. This is the type of episode that audiences fell in love with last season.

Oh, how about Preston having Shaft as his daddy? That man is bad.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
You know last season the show started off weak with the first episode for that season and then got better as it went along. It looks like they followed the same formula for this season too.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed it. I liked the subplot with George & his girl, as well as the contrast of McDreamy/Addison with the now single Head Guru.

The entire plot about the MIL was HILARIOUS, and I loved how his dad looked at Christina briefly and just said "hang in there"

Great stuff :)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
For those who missed the last line (it was cut-off by DVRs in much of the country)... it was Derek saying something about feeling much better.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Was that all? Mine cut off just as Addison was sitting down on the bed as Derek entered the room.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/5/06

So far loving the Heroes-Grey's Anatomy crossover tonight in the form of Abigail Breslin, but I suspect there's a reason for her "powers" that'll need surgical attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks