Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

1080p Front Projectors

CEDIA 2005-2007

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#101 of 109 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 06:48 PM

It just gets better and better, right Tom?

Posted Image
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#102 of 109 OFFLINE   Tom Pfarr

Tom Pfarr

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF
It just gets better and better, right Tom?

Posted Image

You got your health and a Pearl, Life is good.....
Thomas Pfarr

#103 of 109 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted October 02 2006 - 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hogoboom
Can you guys provide any recommendations for where to buy my gear? the 2708 I will get from the Internet, but I need recommendations for wehere to get the Def Tech speakers, the DVDO VP, the Stewart screen and, of course, the Pearl. Also, if you think someone might be willing to cut a deal on the whole package, that'd be great too. I'm not very anxious to go to the local audio retailers.

Jack

Jack:

Def Tech doesn't sell its speakerline over the Internet. You have to go into a local retailer to get those. The DVDO can be picked up by one of our vendors at a good price Ram Electronics. There are several outfits to get the Stewart screen from and I am not sure where you can pick up a Pearl right now but I would give the guys at TV Authority or Visual Apex a shout and they will be able to let you know why they will be getting them in.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#104 of 109 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted October 05 2006 - 10:01 PM

Tim:

I saw the AX100 at CEDIA and it looked great. Personally if I had the room to have one that would be the projector I would get. The other nice thing about this projector is that is dead quiet.

I know that Visual Apex has some deals going on with the AX100 and a screen. Tell them that you where reading about them on HTF and that you are interested in a combo and see what kind of price they will give you.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#105 of 109 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,525 posts

Posted October 11 2006 - 05:58 AM

Espon just announced a 3LCD 1080p projector with HDML 1.3 for ~$3,000. I really like were these prices are starting to head. Posted Image

Engadget.com

edit: quick blurb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget.com
Epson just unleashed a new 3LCD projector in Japan under the EMP-TW1000 guise. Most notable is the ability to blast a Full HD (1080p) 1920x1080 resolution image across that 2.1x optical manual zoom lens and the inclusion of HDMI 1.3 to pump pixels at up to 340Mpixels/sec in support of 48-bit color depth and lossless audio streams. The TW1000 throws a maximum contrast ratio of 12,000:1 in a room of total darkness (read: not your home theater) off a 1200 lumen lamp while operating within 26dB worth of noise. The TW1000 should retail for around ¥350,000 or about $2,927 when these go on sale in Japan this December. No world on relese for the rest of world but they should ship closer to home under the same PowerLite branding we're already familiar with.

DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#106 of 109 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,942 posts

Posted October 11 2006 - 07:04 AM

beat me 2it chris =).

looks like i have to sell my 1024x768 FP quickly. 1080p @$3k... WOW!!!! =). this is unbelievable!!!! i know it's only in Japan... but... man =). this is sooo coool! 1080p coming into reaches of mere mortals. just wow! =).

#107 of 109 OFFLINE   Dubaty

Dubaty

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 01:18 PM

Incredible!! I have been in the planning stages for my new home theaterwhen I stumbled upon this thread. My system was to include the Ruby, the Def Tech Mythos speakers with Super Cube II sub in a semi-dedicated room.

Now I hear about the Pearl and wonder if I should save myself some bucks. The side by side comparison on Sony's website did not reveal major differences, yet the Ruby weighs almost twice as much and has twice the power consumption. Anybody know why?

#108 of 109 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 09 2007 - 01:29 PM

much brighter bulb (actually a different type), more light output.

#109 of 109 OFFLINE   Dubaty

Dubaty

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 05:38 PM

And I would imagine a more expensive bulb. Probably makes a difference if there is ambient light in the room. But the Pearl sounds like it holds its own quite nicely. Can't find a user's manual online, but I am guessing the recommended distances are about the same. Well, I'll research some more and decide soon.

Forum Nav Content I Follow