-

Photo

why not many SE's from netflix?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric-S

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 04:07 PM

Why won't netflix offer more special edition movies? i would love to hear the commentary from the napoleon dynamite se, but netflix only offers the bare bones version, along with so many others.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,481 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 04:50 PM

If the SE is the first version to be made available, Netflix USUALLY carries it...or if the SE replaces an OOP title. But with the current trend of releasing an SE six months after the original DVD release, they tend to pass on those.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   KyleK

KyleK

Second Unit

• 439 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 08:04 AM

I was quite dissapointed when I found they carried neither Dardevil: The Director's Cut nor the Sin City extended version. Is there any effective way to request that they carry a movie?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,570 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 12:35 AM

NetFlix just doesn't carry a more expensive SE of a movie when a less expensive, regular release is available. they also stay away from alternate cuts or versions of one movie. I can assure you, there is no chance they will be picking up the recut Sin City, considering it's rather high price, and that they have already received multiple requests for it. NetFlix is a great service, but there will always be some titles like that you have to rent locally if you want them.

I was extremely surprised to see them pick up the new release of Blade Runner, but I expect the old release is so old, it is such a cult phenomenon, and it's cheap, they decided to go for it.

I know there is some place you can request a title, but requesting a different release of a movie they already carry is just a waste of your time.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.