-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Magnavox 37" LCD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 steve_jk

steve_jk

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 01:29 AM

Saw a Mag MF331D model next to a Vizio 37" & a Samsung 37".
The picture lokked better than either of those 2 even after playing with the settings of all 3. According to the Mag site they also have a MF231D model for 37" but from the info they listed I couldn't tell what was different in this model.

Anyone have any experience with this set?

#2 of 5 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,651 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 02:33 AM

I think Phillips makes Magnavox??? You might try to google some reviews- that's what I did recently when investigating a purchase. Found a plethora of review links. Posted Image Hope you get your answer Steve, wish I had firsthand knowledge to help.

#3 of 5 Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter

• 1,131 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 03:03 AM

Magnavox are rebranded LG-Phillips... Also, any LCD will look better than the Vizio model. Samsung does not make a 37" LCD (to my knowledge), so maybe you were comparing to a 32" model?

I could not find the MF231D on the Internet, or on Magnavox's website.. Do you have a manufacturer link, or a link on a seller site for us to review the specs?

#4 of 5 steve_jk

steve_jk

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 12:39 PM

Samsung makes a 37" specifically for Sam's Club
It's response time was only 12ms which made me wonder how it would handle
fast action. The display model didn't look as good as 32" Samsungs I've seen in other stores.

Haven't been able to find any reviews on Mag 37" MF231D or MF331D
If you go to the magnavox.com site and then go to their support site, there's a box to enter model number. If you enter MF3331D you'll get some info.

The basic specs for the MF331D & MF231D models are the same so I don't know what's different. I did email Magnavox support but who knows if they'll answer.

#5 of 5 steve_jk

steve_jk

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 02:28 AM

Here's a rather unflattering review of the 32" Magnavox LCD

http://www.lcdtvbuyi....v-review.shtml