What's new

Lethal Weapon (Blu-ray) Review (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was curious if there was an official HTF review of this BD. I looked through all 655 archived reviews!

I saw this BD and the Lethal Weapon 2 BD at Costco for $9.99 each. I like the movies enough to want to double dip to BD, but I was curious what others thought of the disc here. From the above posting, it sounds like a decent disc. And at $9.99, not a bad price!

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
The AV quality is fine. I purchased both films with reservations since the BD editions fail to include all of the deleted scenes previously included on the director's cut DVDs. Since I love these films, I was willing to purchase these anyway. For $9.99 each, this is still a good buy for the theatrical cuts in HD.
My best guess is that we will see new director's cut editions on BD within the next 18 months as we are seeing with Goodfellas and other catalog titles.

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
I made the mistake of picking up Lethal Weapon 2 when it was on sale at Best Buy. I flipped through it to check out the quality and it's bad. The picture would look fine if it wasn't for the jagged edges all over the picture. Close ups seem fine, but anything that's not right up front is covered in these jagged edges. I won't even be able to sit down and watch the whole movie. I put it up on Ebay a couple of hours after I purchased it.
I think the first movie looks just fine though. I'm sure that a new transfer sometime in the future will better it, but it's fine. And 2 would be fine if not for the jaggies.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Timothy! So I was wondering if there might be a DC!

And Jason, thanks for chiming in. Maybe I'll just wait then. Or get the first movie only.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Does Lethal Weapon 1 include the "new" scene where Riggs stops the school shooter?

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Originally Posted by Will_B

Does Lethal Weapon 1 include the "new" scene where Riggs stops the school shooter?

That scene is conspicuously absent from the deleted scenes on the BD.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
At one point I though Bill at the Digital Bits said WB was working on a box set of these. Surprised we haven't seen it yet.

Real Name
Cynthia Fuller
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

At one point I though Bill at the Digital Bits said WB was working on a box set of these. Surprised we haven't seen it yet.
Who the hell is Bill?

Why doesn't WB just release a boxset with all four movies with the Theatrical and Director's Cuts for 1-3? Seamless branching obviously but WB's track record for re-releases are downright pitiful.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Bill Hunt owns and runs the website, The Digital Bits. He reports on news on DVD and Blu ray releases.

Real Name
Cynthia Fuller
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

Bill Hunt owns and runs the website, The Digital Bits. He reports on news on DVD and Blu ray releases.
Oh I've never heard about him before.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I assume the lack of a BD for the third film means that there's a forthcoming boxset for all four films? I must have gone to five Best Buys before I realized there isn't one!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I assume the lack of a BD for the third film means that there's a forthcoming boxset for all four films? I must have gone to five Best Buys before I realized there isn't one!

Yes, but no release date has been announced, so no guarantees that it will make it out this year.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Since Mel Gibson is making the news recently for his personal troubles, it made me wonder if the studio is reconsidering a BD box set for the Lethal Weapon series.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I kinda thought the same thing Travis.

But kinda unfair to Donner and the cast if they decide to withhold it. But I can see as a business venture, what studio would invest in a release where the star is probably losing some fans right now. So a BD release probably would not be a good investment!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks