Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cabin recommendations in Great Smoky Mountains?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   David Lawson

David Lawson

Screenwriter

• 1,359 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 08:53 AM

I'm quickly finding out that I waited too long to look into this, but...

My wife and I would like to spend a quiet weekend in mid-October in a cabin somewhere in the Great Smoky Mountains. All we really need is some semblance of seclusion, a nice view, and a full kitchen. Proximity to Gatlinburg, Dollywood, etc. isn't even a consideration since we have no interest in going to any man-made attractions, so something as far "south" as North Carolina would be fine. Cost isn't a huge consideration, but we don't need anything larger than a 1BR since it will just be the two of us.

Unfortunately, it seems that October is a "prime" season, and most places are booked and/or require a three night minimum stay. We only have time for a Friday and Saturday night stay, and it will probably be a late Friday arrival (around 10:00 P.M., unless we can both get out of work earlier).

Does anyone have thoughts on places with a two night minimum that might still have availability? I have left messages at a few places and am waiting on replies, but I will take as many suggestions as I can get. Thanks in advance!
He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,660 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 07 2006 - 12:32 AM

Have you tried looking at lodging in Cherokee, NC? The town is at the southern entrance to the park. We stayed there one night the first time we were in the Smokeys, but I cannot remember which hotel. The town was much less congested than Gatlinburg.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning

Second Unit

• 296 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 02:36 AM

My family has used this rental company for probably 20 years.

http://www.mtnlaurel...alet_index.html