What's new

You Lucky Dogs - Please check for NEW DTS & Dolby Stuff. (1 Viewer)

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Ok You lucky guys going to the show. Here is my request for things to checkout.

Please check on any of the new audio hardware that will support any of the new High-def Audio formats. And more importantly when will they be available.

And enjoy the show.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Orlando...We will check with Dolby and DTS to see when they anticipate hardware availability. I was talking with Denon about this two weeks ago, and there were no chipsets currently available that supported these formats. What Denon is doing is equipping all their mid-level and above receivers with 8 channel analog inputs, figuring that the first use of the chipsets (when available) will be in the HD-DVD/BluRay players themselves (similar to the Dolby digital decoders in early DVD players). In addition to the playback chipsets, HDMI 1.3 chipsets aren't isn't available yet. Like I said we will keep our eyes open and ask around, but the earliest we will see product would be CES, and I actually bet it will probably be 2007 CEDIA. Oh well I guess I'll have to go back next year.....

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
DTS recently unveiled a three-tiered system of audio solutions for the next generation HD DVD and Blu-ray Discs formats. The naming system is a scalable architecture that can support a variety of different quality levels in a single stream. Designed to provide flexibility for content providers and immediate audio improvement with existing home theater equipment, the solution entails a series of new logos that communicate the varying quality levels to consumers:
  • DTS-HD Master Audio, for sound bit-for-bit identical to the master soundtrack
  • DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, for audio that is nearly identical to the master soundtrack
  • DTS Encore, which delivers 5.1 channels of audio at twice the resolution found on most standard DVDs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks