What's new

Anyone willing to demo their SVS SBS-01 speakers in the North Texas area? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Cler

Stunt Coordinator
Any owners of an SVS SBS-01 speaker system willing to demo them to me?

If so, please PM or email me.

Best regards,
Anthony

Anthony Cler

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I go down to Houston from time to time on business. If I don't find anyone in the Dallas area by my next trip, maybe I could swing by?

What type of environment do you have the speakers set up in? And I guess a more important question is, do you like them?

Thanks,
Anthony

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I have them on loan. Unfortunately, the 5.1 set is going out in the next week or so. However, I have a second stereo pair that I can probably keep for a month or two.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Anthony Cler

Stunt Coordinator
The reason I'm interested in these is I'm considering them for a small dedicated room. The use would be 100% HT/TV use, no music. What's your opinion of them for this type of arrangement? If I go this route, they would be mated to either a PB10-NSD or PB12.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, doing a review - that’s the plan.

They do amazingly well in my 9200 cu. ft. room, so they would be great for a small room. That’s what they’re designed for, actually (that’s the case with virtually all so-called bookshelf speakers). Their response is very flat, so they sound very neutral. Dispersion is very broad, which means you don’t to be sitting dead center to get excellent left/right effects. Great with music as well – very natural-sounding midrange, maybe just a smidge of of coloration in the highs, virtually unnoticeable (although that could easily be just me being used to different speakers). They are on the bright side, though – I had to turn my treble knob about 1/2 way down in the bedroom I tried them in, and a couple notches down in the living room. Considering they only cost about $100 each, they’re a steal – easily worth three times that.

I think Sonnie Parker’s initial reaction to the SBS-01 set speaks volumes (he has some pricey VPMS speakers in his system): “Why did I pay $5000 for those speakers?” :D

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Anthony Cler

Stunt Coordinator
They seem to be what I'm looking for then.

Have you ever listened to Axiom speakers? If so, how would you say they compare with them as far as brightness goes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks