What's new

Borders 30% off 1 item through 9/8...and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
This is essentially the same coupon as the earlier one that expired 9/4. It exisits on a different site (visitborders.com) and the expiration date has been bumped up for two days now. So it could go beyond 9/8 - who knows. The link:

http://www.visitborders.com

FYI - there is/was an ongoing debate over at dvdtalk about the validity of this coupon but it has since been confirmed that its legit.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Works for me. As of this morning the date has been extended to September 13. The coupon says 30% off with a purchase of $10 or more.

The wording gives the impression that the coupon is to be used in conjunction with signing up for their Border's Rewards Program...but that is certainly not made clear.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I used this yesterday at my local Borders to great effect. I got a copy of Double Indemnity...which I have NOT been able to find anywhere else.

While it was marked down to $22.99, the regular price was $26.99. 30% off 26.99 is $8.10...bringing the price down to $18.89. Not a terrific deal...but a deal, never-the-less, on a title I was having a hard time finding.

Even DeepDiscountDVD.com has Double Indemnity listed for $19.85...so I'm happy.

Bottom line--the coupon works.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I used a bunch of these today--IN CONJUNCTION WITH our personal shopping day (we are using the same Rewards card). Terrific savings on books and DVDs. We used them at different Borders stores in our area.

As noted in another thread...the Rewards Personal Shopping Days can be used in conj8unction with ANY other savings at Borders. Very nice! :emoji_thumbsup:

DVD-related: I purchased the Hitchcock/Fonda film "The Wrong Man". At a regular price of $14.99 minus 30% = $10.49 minus the 10% = $9.44 final price. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering...it says "one coupon per customer per valid period".

How do they know if you've already used it? Anyone had any luck using it more than once?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Yup.

Actually, my wife and I usually check out at the same time...separately...each using a coupon...AND the same Rewards card (they give you more than one when you sign up). Never a problem. We've done it a few times.

We have also used this same coupon on at least three different occasions.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. Have you been also using your Borders rewards card, or the same credit card, with each purchase? Because by default I usually scan my rewards card and use the same credit card. Maybe if I'm ultra paranoid I won't scan my rewards card and use my debit card instead, unless you guys have gotten away with it ;)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I love how the "expiration" date on this one keeps getting pushed a little more every couple of days.

Oh well, it got me "To Kill a Mockingbird" for $20 out the door.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Carlo: You really ARE paranoid, aren't you?!?! :D What's the worst thing that can happen, the Border's Reward police come to the register and test your midichlorian levels? :laugh:

I use the same Rewards Card (for the discount) and MC Debit card (to pay) everytime...as does my wife. And like I reported earlier...often we are at side-by-side registers checking out when we do this. No worries, mate!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If they did test, mine would be off the charts.

"Even higher than Master Yoda's!" :eek:

Then they'd proceed to turn the contents of the entire store over to me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks