Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Was the Groovy Ghoulies Delayed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 10:00 AM

I remember reading a post in this Forum as well as at TVSHOWSONDVD that the Groovy Ghoulies Complete Series was being released by BCI in October. I cannot find any sites that have it up for order. Was this delayed?
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#2 of 19 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 11:46 AM

Ultraman which was due in October by BCI as well hasn't been listed either. I wonder what is up.

Paul

#3 of 19 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 04:53 AM

Bump...
Anyone? Gord?
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#4 of 19 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 08:39 AM

It looks like BCI didn't even send in nominations in the year end polls after winning last year with He Man.

Paul

#5 of 19 Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted September 09 2006 - 02:33 AM

This was just mentioned on the TV Shows on DVD web site. Looks like October 24th is the release date.
Quote:
The complete series, which aired in 1971, will be released on October 24th under BCI's Ink & Paint brand...

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=6397
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#6 of 19 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 10:53 AM

Wow, I'm surprised that there are any extras on this, let alone a 45-minute documentary. Can't wait for this.

#7 of 19 Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 11:37 AM

How many discs are in this set?
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#8 of 19 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 10 2006 - 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC
Wow, I'm surprised that there are any extras on this, let alone a 45-minute documentary. Can't wait for this.

BCI doesn't put out crap releases Posted Image

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#9 of 19 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 03:09 AM

Great to hear this back on schedule. I too would like to know how many discs in this release and how many episodes.

Top 20 Films

#10 of 19 David Levine

David Levine

Supporting Actor

• 502 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 11:54 AM

Quote:

It's a really great doc. Created for us by Wally Wingert (he does a million voices for TV and games) and Daniel Roebuck (Professor Arzt on LOST) with a bunch of great interviews, fun bits, music and a performance by the band "The Groovie Ghoulies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Korstick
too would like to know how many discs in this release and how many episodes.

Three DVD 9s. And it's all 16 Saturday morning episodes.

#11 of 19 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the Info. David

Top 20 Films

#12 of 19 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,643 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 12 2006 - 04:34 AM

I vaguely remember this show. sounds like some fun Filmation stuff. I'll buy anything like that. Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#13 of 19 David Levine

David Levine

Supporting Actor

• 502 posts

Posted September 13 2006 - 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Korstick
Thanks for the Info. David

No prob, Randy.

Here is the official list of features for the set:

2 Full episode audio commentary tracks with Lou Scheimer, Jack Mendelsohn, Bob Burns and Darrell McNeil. Hosted by Wally Wingert

Image galleries: Model Sheets, Cels, Goolies PSA Ad

SING-A-LONG - “Goolie-Get-Together”

Candid story from Producer Lou Scheimer about “The Creation of Filmation”

Liner Notes by TV writer/producer Shawn Sheridan

DVD-Rom extras: All 16 scripts and the original Series Bible for "The Kookie Spookies"

A brand-new 45-minute “docu-comedy” created by producer and voice-over artist Wally Wingert (Family Guy, Invader Zim) and Daniel Roebuck (Lost, The Fugitive) featuring interviews with Alice Cooper, Forrest J. Ackerman, Ron Chaney, Lou Scheimer, Oscar® wining Make-Up artist Bill Corso, “Goolie” Head Writer Jack Mendelsohn, and more! Featuring a music video with the Sacramento punk band “The Groovie Ghoulies”

#14 of 19 Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted September 14 2006 - 04:20 AM

If this is due out next month, how do I actually find it listed anywhere, like amazon. Maybe they got the name or spelling wrong.

#15 of 19 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted October 14 2006 - 05:15 PM

Since I sincerely doubt this will be sold in any B&M store, I wanted to point out that DeepDiscountDVD has an amazing price on this one.

#16 of 19 Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 20 2006 - 02:06 PM

Got an email earlier this week from Deep Discount DVD that my copy was mailed and is on the way!!!

#17 of 19 Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted October 22 2006 - 06:00 AM

I received a review copy from Ink & Paint. The show was way before my time but I found it entertaining. If I got a copy I'm sure it's on its way. I found it on Amazon too, where I posted my lil review. Sorry I'm not so technical as some of you guys when it comes to reviews Posted Image But I hadn't even heard of this show before but I'm sure it's well loved by someone.

Someone out there was probably waiting for Groovie Goolies as much as I am waiting for Jem Season 3 Part 2
Dorrie webmaster for
www.imissthe80s.com
Celebrity interviews
www.thabiz.com

#18 of 19 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 03:20 PM

I know that this set isn't the complete Groovie Goolies canon (there's a special where they encounter Daffy Duck and Porky Pig for one) but what else is there and will it ever see release?

The jokes may be the corniest ever, but the songs are so catchy. Posted Image

#19 of 19 Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 548 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 10:45 AM

Quote:
I know that this set isn't the complete Groovie Goolies canon (there's a special where they encounter Daffy Duck and Porky Pig for one) but what else is there and will it ever see release?

The jokes may be the corniest ever, but the songs are so catchy. Posted Image

I was only a small child when all these shows originally aired, but "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" (the original) was a spin-off of "The Archie Comedy Hour," and at some point, Sabrina shared a show with the Groovy Goolies under the title "Sabrina And The Groovy Goolies" (imagine that). Archie Comics is selling four DVDs of Archie cartoons, and among them are a few "Sabrina" half-hours...which feature the Groovy Goolies (and in one case, Sabrina, the Archies and the Groovy Goolies all appear together). I imagine the rest of these shows will be released at some point...in one form or another. As regards the Daffy Duck & Porky Pig crossover (which was an installment of "The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie"), that would certainly require licensing the Warner Bros. cartoon characters, so unless they got a deal when they produced it for perpetual rights to that particular appearance, then that show would otherwise be locked up in limbo. (I can't see it making the "Looney Tunes Golden Collections," even as an "extra.")

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow