What's new

Veronica Mars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just read on Zap2it that the CW will be streaming VM's season premiere on MSN a week before the broadcast:
The network has teamed up with Microsoft to offer streaming video of three CW shows on MSN a week before their broadcast premiere, in what's becoming standard practice for the broadcast networks
With the MSN deal, all three shows will be available for viewing seven days before their on-air debut. That means "Runaway" will be up first, on Monday, Sept. 18. "Chris" will go up on MSN on Sunday, Sept. 24, and the third-season premiere of "Veronica Mars" will follow on Tuesday, Sept. 26.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Streaming eh? Has this been done before? Was the bandwitdh there? was the quality acceptable?

--

H

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Holadem said:
Streaming eh? Has this been done before? Was the bandwitdh there? was the quality acceptable?
--
H
Well ABC has been doing it since about March or April, and Fox is now doing it. I personally think ABC set their's up a bit better, bigger picture, nicer quality. The bandwidth should be there, as should the quality. The "Lost" episodes I watched were a bit better than iPod quality, which is impressive for streaming tv. What remains to be seen is what kind of commercial system will it have. ABC's wasn't too annoying, I haven't watched anything on Fox yet.
I'm psyched about V.M. Season 3, I can't wait to see what happens. My dad and I are going through Season 2 right now (which I've already seen but it's good to review).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
IMHO, the streaming stuff isn't worth watching unless it's a case where you missed an episode and there's no other alternative to catch up (but in just about every case, there is a better alternative).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
No thanks, i'll watch it when it airs, i'd rather see it at 103" rather than 16". ;)
I cannot wait for this new season, season 2 was incredible! :emoji_thumbsup:

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Just read on Zap2it that the CW will be streaming VM's season premiere on MSN a week before the broadcast:
I refuse to install any streaming video applications on my computer -- I don't want to give any money to that bastard Jake Kane!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What's Jake Kane guilty of? Nothing as it turns out, so why boycott the poor man? :D
All I know is, I simply refuse to see anymore of Aaron Echoll' movies! The bastard came off wooden most of the time anyway.
;)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Obstruction of Justice. He kept the police and the world from finding the real killer of his daughter. He may have thought what he was doing was the right thing... but in the end he almost let a murderer go...

Also, he married Celeste... 'nuff said...

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
I think the story of the Kanes is over and done and they will not be coming back to Neptune.

Aaron Echolls, on the other hand -- well, he has been resurrected and will be doing the cha cha over on Dancing with the Stars.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Nicholas Martin said:
I wonder if he will ever return since the actor's "Commander In Chief" role is obviously over?
With Duncan off the show for good, I don't see Jake coming back as a real possibility, unless it's for a one show deal.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Why did I ask that question...I just SPOILED part of season 2 for myself.
Since I can't afford to get the DVDs now, I've been watching it on a local channel here, leading up to the eventual Season 3 premiere.
At least I don't know why Duncan is off the show. And I'll leave it at that.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Duncan is sent to a planet where all of the people are 2-dimensional pieces of cardboard... he builds a house and stays there... FOREVER.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
No, no, no. Duncan was recruited by a super-secret military initiative to combat demons. He was allowed in, even though his personality profile showed that he had more character than most recruits.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Your all wrong, he left because he was offered the role in A Walk to Remember 2: Jaime Lives, because Shane West bowed out and he looks just like him.
I wouldn't get too attached to Logan, either, becuase Jason Dohring is set to star in the upcoming Isn't that Special!: The Dana Carvey Story.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Robert Ringwald said:
Duncan is sent to a planet where all of the people are 2-dimensional pieces of cardboard... he builds a house and stays there... FOREVER.
Wait, wait, wait...it's not the planet....MARS, is it?
Don't be knocking Logan now...he's my favorite character other than Veronica.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Sorry, Nicholas. I assumed that since this was a season 3 thread, we were all caught up on Season 2.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's the way it works. Anything that has aired is fair game in an ongoing thread. I would assume this does *not* include the streaming version that will premiere before the premiere, but I don't know that. At any rate, it is very dangerous to read a thread like this if you are not up to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks