What's new

House, M.D. Season 3 Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The first episode of the new season of House is on tonight. 8pm Eastern on FOX.

It has been so long ago I have forgotten how season 2 ended. Is his leg fixed or was it a dream? Or is it something we will have to wait a few hours to find out. :)

Either way, I am looking forward to this evening.

Don't forget to set those Tivo's!

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I don't think remembering the episode would help you separate fact from fiction.
My recollection of the finale was a brilliant mix of fact and fiction where it wasn't clear if House was finally getting his comeuppance, or if House was giving himself his own comeuppance in his fevered imaginings.
I remember immediately at the end of the show thinking 'OK what happened and what was a dream?' about the entire episode.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Can't wait. I got into House a while back when season 2 was near the beginning. I consider it one of the best shows on television today. Season 3 should be a good fun-filled ride.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
There was a comment made by David Shore (the creator) that the constant "limping around" was bothing Hugh Laurie physically so they wrote in the leg being fixed, I don't remember if there was a comment made as to how long it will stay, but I seem to remember it would be a number of episodes. I think this was on one of the tvguide.com columns somewhere.

Hugh can make anything great, so even with his leg fixed I'm sure the character will be just as interesting, crazy, jerk-y and cranky as ever.

At least Jennifer Morrison and Lisa Edelstein will be back. :)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
This was a great episode IMO. Excellent way to start off the new season. Leaves you sitting on the edge of your seat wanting more after the credits roll. That's what I like.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't know, I thought that this episode wasn't as good as ones in the past, I guess I just didn't really care about the patients all that much.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Overall, I really liked it, but I had some problems with the ending. Someone who's been bedridden -- for how long? -- is not just gonna stand up like that. I'm thinking it'd take months and months of therapy. I'd've been happier with something a bit more believable, if a bit less dramatic.

I also didn't get that whole discussion at the end between Wilson and Cuddy. What, exactly, is the point of not telling House he was right? What purpose does it serve? Except to set up some conflict between House and Cuddy for next week's episode....

They did that last season with the friction between Cameron and Foreman that seemingly came out of left field; apparently its only purpose was to set up conflict between them to make the two-parter more dramatic.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Because House arrived at the answer by looking for a puzzle that wasn't there. If he was vindicated in there actually being a puzzle, he'll start looking for puzzles everywhere. I agree that it was a bit weak though. I think part of it was reflecting on the supporting character's reaction to the "new House." He's not a known quantity anymore. And that scares them.

Sean*O

Second Unit
Did not like the ending at all. "Don't tell him he was right!" Yeah, let's shatter the confidence of the most brilliant guy we have and leave him second guessing himself.

They just need to promote House all the way to the top so he has no more superiors getting in his way :)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Hated the "feel good" ending....really blew the whole episode...and agreed, this wasn't one of the strongest episodes....who knows, maybe he's still in a coma and dreaming all this?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Well if he just gurgles and flopped out of the chair like a fish it would have been slightly more realistic, but then viewers would have been horrified and future epsidoes would have to be even more sugar coated.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Cuddy & Wilson decided not to tell him because they thought he was "getting high" on the excitement of trying to "solve" the case. They thought he would continue to do this on other cases because he needed a replacement "high" because he wasn't taking Vicodin any more.

Of course, he then forged a prescription so he could get the drug.

The question is: Did Cuddy & Wilson drive him to do that because they didn't tell him?

Looks like (from next week's trailer) he will find out about his patient's cure. So what will that do to his relationship with Cuddy/Wilson?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I liked the episode. It might just be that I am glad to have it back.

I agree that the ending was strange. Something was also wierd about the way people talked to House. Like they were completly blowing him off.

At least the preview for next week showed:
That he finds out that the wheelchair dude was healed and Cutty lied.

It looks like a fun episode. Although the preview made next weeks episode look like:
A science fiction show, or at least a Halloween episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think it's going to be
the boy in the bed hallucinating

Because if every episode from here on out they simply hallucinate their way out of the situations they write themselves into, it's going to suck any and all joy out of the show. It's lazy writing.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Personally I loved the episode, I was chuckling through out the whole thing. You can't go wrong with House learning to skateboard. Nice to bring back "You Can't Always Get What You Want" seems sort of like a new start for House and the show.
It was cool to see the new House, though it's not really new, he's shown compassion before, in very, tiny doses, now it's just something he's thriving off from, a replacment for pain killers. I doubt he'll stick with it though, it seems like even he knows it's a gimmick.
I liked the ending, it was nice to see House was right, and I understood why Cuddy and Wilson didn't want to tell him. House is brash and confident enough that I doubt he'll be second guessing himself for long.
My copy of the show cut off right after he wrote the prescription, so did he actually get it filled or did it just cut away to credits after he wrote it? Cause if he didn't get it filled it might be that he's got it just in case.

I was half expecting House to make some sort of comment to Cuddy when she opened the window in her "Pj's".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks