Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Superman artwork leaked??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 405 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted September 05 2006 - 02:50 AM

http://www.supermanh...p?readmore=2611

Just making sure folks interested saw this. Looks pretty cool, though I agree with one of the comments that I would have liked them to differentiate the cover a little more from the original Superman box set. And I don't know if I support including, or leaving out Superman Returns. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the film and thought Routh captured Superman just as well as Reeve, but I think you need to separate them.

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 02:53 AM

What is supposed to be included in the set?...I know it keeps changing.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for the post, but I think this is already posted in the Superman II Donner Cut thread. I am excited about this though, and hope they do go through the with the big set.

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   ZackR

ZackR

Supporting Actor

• 611 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 03:51 AM

This is already being discussed in the other thread, however, just in case WB doesn't already know...I WANT THAT ULTIMATE SET!!!

Give me 13-14 discs and make me happy. PLEASE. Posted Image

OK, I'm done now. Posted Image
You'll Believe A Man Can Fly
DVDAF

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 405 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted September 05 2006 - 04:47 AM

Sorry to post this if it's being discussed in the other thread, although this is a totally separate subject from the Richard Donner SE in my opinion.

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   JasonKZ

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 03:55 AM

I agree. Would rather have 1 thread about the boxset than to mix it up with discussions about 1 of the 5 movies. Really want the big box - leak looks nice!

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   andySu

andySu

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 06:55 AM

Well that’s more rewarding to look forwards too than the Star Wars trilogy within a few weeks time now!

Yes give me Superman in six-track!

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   TomWoodward

TomWoodward

Second Unit

• 358 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 07:01 AM

I've just added artwork for some of the deluxe editions here:

http://www.dvdactive.../superman5.html
Tom Woodward
DVDActive.com

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Beast

Beast

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 07:54 AM

I wish they would state firmly whether or not we were going to get the 14-Disc SuperSet. I'd rather buy them all in one huge set than have to pick up three different things on release date. Posted Image
R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Santangelo

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 09:28 AM

This is purely guesswork, but I think Warner's probably waiting for the Superman Returns DVD announcement to confirm the 14-disc set, and they're probably waiting for Returns to go north of $200 million at the domestic box office before they weaken its performance by announcing the DVD.

$200 million is rumoured to be the magic number at which the sequel gets greenlit, and the domestic gross is now at $196 million and change, with nearly a million earned over the Labour Day weekend.

At least, I hope my theory's correct, because I really, really want that 14-disc set.

EDIT: I should add that I also think/hope that we'll see all this stuff on 11/28. That's when the Superman Returns videogame comes out, too.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR
Sorry to post this if it's being discussed in the other thread, although this is a totally separate subject from the Richard Donner SE in my opinion.

Yes, after I posted that it was in another thread I thought, "well, it doesn't have to do with Superman II Donner Cut, so why not a new thread?"

As for my wishes, yes WB, I'll pay for the mega set as well.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 11:24 AM

The covers for the individual releases are AWFUL!!! Really, really awful! I'm usually not one to complain about covers and stuff, but YUCK!!!

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Williams
The covers for the individual releases are AWFUL!!! Really, really awful! I'm usually not one to complain about covers and stuff, but YUCK!!!

Yep, they suck. This is especially disappointing condsidering it's WB, who usually provides the best cover art in the biz.

I'm no fan of S3, but why would they NOT feature Richard Pryor on the cover? His fans are probably the only ones who would buy it.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 02:50 AM

Yeah... they are HORRIBLE.

Plus as stated.. I'm totally mystified at the S3 cover. Like Matt, I'm not a huge S3 fan. But, if you're going to do a floating head-shot cover of the main characters.... why would you NOT include the main "bad-guy" from the movie?

Plus that shot of Hackman on the Superman I cover... *shudder*. It doesn't even LOOK like him! At first, I thought they goofed and put Spacey on there.

Custom covers will be running off my printer so fast it'll be amazing....

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff

Screenwriter

• 2,858 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 02:53 AM

Yup, the SIII cover should have included Annette O'Toole, Richard Pryor and Robert Vaughn.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Adrian_B

Adrian_B

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 09:43 AM

i thought this was perhaps the worst dvd cover art i'd seen in quite some time. must have been done by the folks who designed the looney tunes golden collection boxes and menus (i know, different division... don't bother correcting me).

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   Tim L

Tim L

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 11:41 AM

The covers are pretty bad- they didn't even put richard pryor on the cover..talk about getting slighted.
Tim

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 01:21 PM

Those covers look like shit.

Forum Nav Content I Follow