What's new

RIP: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin passes in animal attack (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Just breaking on the news sites... he was either stung or stabbed by the barb of a stingray while filming a new documentary.

Brian

edit: Could someone please fix the spelling of Crocodile in the topic? Thanks!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Damn :frowning: I was always a big fan. Rest in Peace, Steve :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hannibal Smith said, "A life without danger is like a house of ill-repute without the naked ladies." From the way he lived his life, it's obvious Steve would have approved of the sentiment. I'm sure it's cold comfort to his family right now, but he went out on his own terms, doing what he loved. I haven't seen him in a long time, but I definitely figured he'd be around for a long time.

Crikey!

RIP, Steve.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this on the scroll at the bottom of CNN and I was shocked. Obviously he was a guy who flirted with danger on a daily basis, but it's still so unexpected and sad when something like this happens. RIP, Mr Irwin. :frowning:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I hadn't heard about this until now. I really loved Steve Irwin's stuff. Really tragic, he was trying to help raise awareness to help save the species of animal that killed him.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, even though he lived a life of danger, I never thought anything like this would actually happen to him.

RIP Steve, thanks for the memories.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I am totally shocked. This guy is a hero of mine. Always so optimistic, so enthusiastic. He was a breath of fresh air to wildlife programmes, and he'll be missed by a whole lot of people.

RIP.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Steve Irwin always reminded me of a big, enthusiastic kid with his wonder and excitement for ALL animals, not just the "cute and cuddly" varieties.

I enjoyed his shows, even though there were times I wondered when he would be receiving a Darwin Award for some of the crazier things he did.

Sad, sad news. Terry will have to raise those kids on her own, and little Bob may not have any real memories of his daddy yet, to savor. Thank goodness for the Croc Hunter shows, because this means he AND big sister Bindi can watch him, and always understand that he was a very loving person.

RIP, Steve-O :frowning:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Really sad news. He will be missed. Even if it isn't wholly unexpected, it's shocking and sad.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Irwin was genuine just as much as he was entertaining, never seemed to let the fame or money change him. Wish all the best for his family.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
just woke up and read this on Yahoo news.
big shock!

I wonder if they are still going to release that video he was filming at the time of his death

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
terrible, terrible news.

he was a classic character and personality.

:frowning:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The man had done so much for nature - preservation, knowledge. I'm sure a number of people had their feelings changed about crocs because of Steve and Steve alone.

He was definately a fun person, who seemed to LOVE his work and knew he was doing a good thing. And he was incredibly entertaining doing so. I know I've spent an entire day watching marathons of his shows.

He will be missed and appreciated!

ry

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Coming from an Australian viewpoint, we had massive coverage on the news, and 15 minutes of coverage on a current affairs program on Channel 7, covering his death, a segment on rays, and the final interview he did in Australia.

Overkill, certainly, but its still a loss for his family, the industry, and the causes he championed.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
CRIKEY!!!!!

Terrible news. It was always amazing how he seemed to be able to handle these dangerous animals with near impunity, to have one finally got the better of him, hard to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks