Jump to content



Sign up for a free account to remove the pop-up ads

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fraggle Rock Season 2


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

    Second Unit



  • 400 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 01 2006

Posted September 02 2006 - 06:23 AM

Hi everyone!

I just want to let you all know that Fraggle Rock Season 2 is set to be released this Tuesday (September 5th). Muppet Central has an early review up on their site:

http://www.muppetcen....season_2.shtml

In the review, they mention that they've been told by HIT Entertainment that a decision on a Season 3 box set will be made before the end of the year. So whether you're a hardcore fan (like myself) or a casual fan, if you want to see the entire series released (only 4 seasons) don't wait to pick up Season 2. It has all 24 episodes along with some great bonus features, including an hour of new interviews, a half-hour long tribute to writer and co-creator Jerry Juhl, and a replica of Jim Henson's original pitch book!

William

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

    Second Unit



  • 494 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 20 2005

Posted September 02 2006 - 09:56 AM

I'll definitely be getting this!

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   Cory Bevilacqua

Cory Bevilacqua

    Extra



  • 19 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 24 2004

Posted September 05 2006 - 11:35 AM

Has anyone gotten this yet? I just picked up a copy and not a single disc will play in my DVD player (Sanyo JVW-7000). Every single disc gets through the FBI warnings and other junk, but freezes before the menu. The discs play in my desktop PC fine, and all my other DVDs play in both the desktop and the DVD player. Confusing...

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

    Producer



  • 4,796 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 02 2003

Posted September 05 2006 - 01:16 PM

Did they include the bonus animated TV show episodes on this set as extras, like the individual discs?

I've been hoping they'd be carried over but were left off the first box...

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

    Second Unit



  • 303 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 17 2004

Posted September 05 2006 - 01:31 PM

Are you serious? That is horrible! I went to my Best buy to pick it up but they didn't have any! The guy even looked in the back.... I wonder why.. I went to walmart and they did have it but I wanted to wait to pricematch at BB.

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   MattQuack

MattQuack

    Agent



  • 44 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 26 2006

Posted September 05 2006 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bevilacqua
Has anyone gotten this yet? I just picked up a copy and not a single disc will play in my DVD player (Sanyo JVW-7000). Every single disc gets through the FBI warnings and other junk, but freezes before the menu. The discs play in my desktop PC fine, and all my other DVDs play in both the desktop and the DVD player. Confusing...

I'm hoping this isn't a huge problem, I read on another site that there were some issues....

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   Cory Bevilacqua

Cory Bevilacqua

    Extra



  • 19 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 24 2004

Posted September 05 2006 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattQuack
I'm hoping this isn't a huge problem, I read on another site that there were some issues....

What site?

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   Colby

Colby

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 179 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 17 2004
  • Real Name:Colby
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 06 2006 - 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoBiscotti
Did they include the bonus animated TV show episodes on this set as extras, like the individual discs?

I've been hoping they'd be carried over but were left off the first box...

I hope not. I'd rather they give that series it's own release, and I bet they will after they finish releasing the original show.

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   MattQuack

MattQuack

    Agent



  • 44 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 26 2006

Posted September 06 2006 - 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bevilacqua
What site?

I noticed it on DVDtalk.com's forums.

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

    Producer



  • 5,900 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 22 2006
  • Real Name:James Perry
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 06 2006 - 07:07 AM

I still need to get the first one. Posted Image They should really just release this quality show and shut up about "a decision on a Season 3 box set will be made before the end of the year". Some of us are too broke to buy everything at once. Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

    Second Unit



  • 303 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 17 2004

Posted September 06 2006 - 10:53 AM

I agree Radioman...It kinda ticked me off when I heard that they were going to wait on the next release AGAIN.... At this rate it'll be 3 or 4 years before we have the whole show. I mean obviously most of the collectors that bought the first would buy the others..


Went back to walmart and had a little trouble pricematching since it was printed out but since it was only like $4 less I was able to get it for $34.99. They only had like 5 copies.....

I hope there wasn't supposed to be a booklet listing the episodes because mine didn't come with one...The only thing mine came with was the replica book. Did anyone else's copies come with anything besides the replica book?

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

    Producer



  • 5,900 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 22 2006
  • Real Name:James Perry
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 07 2006 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_HI
I mean obviously most of the collectors that bought the first would buy the others..
Well said! Posted Image


Quote:
Went back to walmart and had a little trouble pricematching since it was printed out but since it was only like $4 less I was able to get it for $34.99. They only had like 5 copies.....
That's around the same as DDD online. Good buy!
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

    Producer



  • 3,291 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 28 2001

Posted September 07 2006 - 11:28 AM

Does EVERYONE have player problems with these discs? This is a must buy on my list.. But I'm not going to buy it unless it's only a few discs with problems..

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

    Second Unit



  • 303 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 17 2004

Posted September 07 2006 - 04:06 PM

Ive only watched disc 1 but mine works fine so far....I'll be posting if anyone is up with the other discs.

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   Tom M

Tom M

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 216 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 06 1999

Posted September 08 2006 - 03:28 PM

All the discs in my set seem to play fine.

BTW, FR ran for 5 seasons not 4. However, since there were only 13 episodes in seasons 4 & 5, HIT could just put them both into one box set.

As I was taking a quick look through the discs, I noticed the stereo tracks are missing on some episodes. Probably lost to time I guess like some episodes of the 1980s Twilight Zone.
My crummy Deviant Art page. Read my epic poem The Pirate's Tale written in tribute to the Ozy & Millie comic strip.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

    Second Unit



  • 400 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 01 2006

Posted September 19 2006 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bevilacqua
Has anyone gotten this yet? I just picked up a copy and not a single disc will play in my DVD player (Sanyo JVW-7000). Every single disc gets through the FBI warnings and other junk, but freezes before the menu. The discs play in my desktop PC fine, and all my other DVDs play in both the desktop and the DVD player. Confusing...

That's terrible. I've had no problem playing any disc, but what I have had trouble with is the audio. Has anyone else experienced some "pops" in the soundtrack? Most notably during the interviews on the bonus disc, where you would imagine there would be NO problem considering it's the new material, right?

It seems to be an issue with the processing of the discs, not the original source material.

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

    Second Unit



  • 400 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 01 2006

Posted September 19 2006 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M
As I was taking a quick look through the discs, I noticed the stereo tracks are missing on some episodes. Probably lost to time I guess like some episodes of the 1980s Twilight Zone.

I thought Fraggle was in mono anyway. If you look at Season 1, I think it's all mono (except for the musical numbers, perhaps). I know The Muppet Show was in mono.

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

    Second Unit



  • 400 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 01 2006

Posted September 19 2006 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_HI
I hope there wasn't supposed to be a booklet listing the episodes because mine didn't come with one...The only thing mine came with was the replica book. Did anyone else's copies come with anything besides the replica book?

The pitch book replica is the only paperwork included, unfortunately.

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   Tom M

Tom M

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 216 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 06 1999

Posted September 19 2006 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Matt
I thought Fraggle was in mono anyway. If you look at Season 1, I think it's all mono (except for the musical numbers, perhaps). I know The Muppet Show was in mono.

Only the first half season 1 was in mono. From the second half of season 1 to the end of the series the show was produced in full stereo sound.

In fact, FR was the very first HBO series to be broadcast in stereo.

That said, I watched "Wembley's Egg" last night and noticed the first half of the ep is in mono but switches to stereo for the rest of the show. Weird.

Finally, has no but me noticed that the end credits for each episodes are cut short to make way for the new Jim Henson logo? There is no excuse for it as they could show that AFTER the credits are done.
My crummy Deviant Art page. Read my epic poem The Pirate's Tale written in tribute to the Ozy & Millie comic strip.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   Matthew Eagin

Matthew Eagin

    Auditioning



  • 11 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 12 2001

Posted September 20 2006 - 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Matt
The pitch book replica is the only paperwork included, unfortunately.

Is it the same as the pitch book replica that came with Season 1? or is it a season 2 specific pitch book? Thanks.


Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray



Forum Nav Content I Follow