What's new

Need software to track music collection (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm looking for software like DVD Profiler, but for music tracking. It would be used for both LPs and CDs. Online listing is not required, but it should be able to pull up all album info online.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

WadeM

Supporting Actor
I've been using & highly recommend this program Catraxx for about a year: http://www.fnprg.com/catraxx/index.html

You can go to the website to get more info. It took me forever to find a decent program, but I think I made the right choice. I only have about 1500 CDs and some LPs, but it works great! It automatically downloads CD & LP info very quickly. And it has fields for every imaginable data you want, plus I think like 50 customizable fields in case they missed anything (which I doubt!). It's also already compatible with Windows Vista that's coming up.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
I just did a quick check & yes, it downloads LP info also from the net. (edited my previous post).

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I've been using Music Collector also. Along with Movie Collector and Book Collector.
Up until 2 weeks ago I would have recommended them but suddenly a new entry triggered "new collection" and I don't know where my old collection is.
Due to an email address change I'm also having trouble identifying myself to their forum to get assistance.
So, right now I'm not that happy with them, aside from the panic I'm feeling about possibly redoing all those 2,000 or so discs

TimJS

Second Unit
Henry:

I feel your panic...did you check the C:Program FilesCollectorz.comMusic CollectorData directory?

David:

I recommend this program as well for CDs, drop the disc into your CD ROM and it downloads from freeddb & some retailers. Easy to use.

Best Wishes,
Tim

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
In the unlikely event you're using a Mac, have a look at Delicious Monster's Delicious Library -- the name alone is intriguing!

I just got it for DVDs, but it seems to handle CDs as well (haven't tried CDs yet though). It uses Amazon to get all necessary information and artwork. Best of all, input is by simply "scanning" the UPC bar code with your iSight.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I've used CD Collector and it's great, but I've concluded that iTunes is really the best. You get Gracenote info imported automatically, and can find that one needle in a haystack in literally seconds. I have almost 42,000 songs in my collection and can find anything in my collection in a moment.

And you learn some weird things. I have 13 different versions of "Dark End of The Street" in my collection. Well, I find it interesting, anyway.

I'm very happy with iTunes, having stopped inputting CD Collector a long time ago.

Of course, you need to rip your CD, not just catalog it, but for me, with a huge external hard drive on my Mac, it's ideal.

I also have used Delicious Library, but its search capabilities are limited to the info from Amazon (for the most part) and it's a longer, less precise search result.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks