What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Looks like you can watch the season premiere early if you're so inclined. The CW will have the first new episode available on September 21 on the internet, along with early showings of Veronica Mars and Everybody Hates Chris:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...SION-CW-DC.XML
http://newyorkbusiness.com/news.cms?id=14636

I searched to make sure there wasn't an earlier Supernatural S2 thread, so let me know if I just overlooked it. I don't want to steal somebody's ongoing!

Oh, yeah, and I got this info from Lauren, who joined the HTF towards the end of last season. If you're reading this, thanks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Here's an image from one of the first new episodes. I'll just link it as it could be a minor spoiler (it reveals a location, nothing else). Plus, it's a big honkin' image:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t_ep202_19.jpg

Looks more colorful than we often get from this show. Remember how the reaper episode looked almost black-and-white? A bit of a spoiler about this episode (this one is a bigger spoiler than the picture itself, so be warned). I've been told that it features

killer clowns. :D I'm not a big clown fan, so that could be cool. I wonder if they're from outer space. . . .

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think that is just a "behind the scenes" shot. Considering how last season ended that is either before make up or takes place much later than the season one final.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I understand it to be episode 2, but I am not sure about that. If you're expecting scars on the boys, though, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I understand not wanting a Voyager-style reset button, but the CW isn't going to want to upset all the female fans who will NOT want their precious Jensen marred in any way. :)

WynterWolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Brenda
Hi Greg,

You are correct, that pic was taken while they were filming ep 2. There had been a call for volunteer extras and as a thank you to the people that showed up, they gave away a TV/DVD combo set. Several fans showed up and many were taking pictures. This picture was taken while they were giving the TV away so it wasn't actually apart of filming. But if you look close, you can see a small scar on Jensen’s forehead. And we do get some pretty good physical continuity in the first ep for all the characters.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I see it now. Maybe that's why Sam's wearing a cap, to cover wounds. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they are paying that much attention to continuity. Good stuff.

Funny that that's from the competition. I figured Sam and Dean were addressing a crowd for some reason. Heh.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You know i'm so all over season 2, one of my favorite shows from last year! And i'll finally get to watch the show in HD, too! :)

Can't wait to see how Sam, Dean and John got out of that sticky situation. ;)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member

Huh? The last episode of last season the boys and their dad were t-boned by a demonic semi driver. I would expect it to be more than referred to.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yes. But, I don't expect half the season to be them limping around, nursing wounds. I'm not talking about them forgetting the events, I'm just surprised that they are keeping the physical reminders. If the shot above is any indication, it's on a pretty minor scale.

WynterWolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Brenda
The first ep does take place pretty soon after the crash and Dean is unconscious and in a hospital and pretty messed up and Sam has a lot of scratches and bruising on his face.

I’m not sure how much time is supposed to have passed before the second ep takes place but it has to be a while because they’ve had time to fix the car so by that time, the scars would realistically be less noticeable too. Though Sam does still have some scratches on his face also.

And yeah, I don’t think they want to spend too much time having the boys be less than perfect, but so far they seem to be making an effort to do better than they did in S1 with the magically disappearing claw gouges from Shadow or Dean’s magically healing chest after Asylum. :) Stuff looks really good so far!

Some spoilery promo shots from the first ep of S2 (click on "enter gallery"):
http://super.emedian.net/eps2.html

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know if guest stars are spoilers, but this was given to me in spoiler tags, so I'll go ahead and do the same. Supposedly, this person will be appearing soon in a possibly recurring role:

Linda Blair

I wish there was a way for Meg to stay as a recurring character. It was sort of a mistake to kill her off, though I do love the way it was done. A body broken and only kept together by a demon, while the girl trapped inside had to witness all the horrors being done, was a great concept. I'm sure they could come up with a way to bring her back--"the demon slipped out of Hell, and came back in the form of Meg"--but it would kind of cheapen the season finale. It would be *really* cool if they did some kind of followup like this: Meg was missing, and her body suddenly turns up in the woods in Missouri, I think it was, broken from a fall on pavement. That would raise some red flags, right? A family member--maybe a sister, though not played by Nicki Aycox, as that would be too on-the-nose--shows up, and won't let go of the investigation. Maybe she makes a connection to the Winchester boys and dogs them until they can convince her that it was something supernatural going on. At that point, assuming the audience has made a favorable connection with this actress, maybe she could help them to hunt the thing that did this to all of them. I'd love that kind of commitment to continuity and consequence.

Of course, I haven't seen the finale since it aired, so I don't remember if they buried Meg's body or not. I'm sure that could be gotten around.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Yep, Meg was cool. Wish she could have been saved too. Good brainstorming there Greg. :)

I've been soooooooo hoping Taylor Cole would return as a regular or in a recurring roll in S2 as well. She was awesome in the Provenance episode and DANG! she's hot.

WynterWolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Brenda
Yes, I really like Taylor Cole as well and I hope we see her again too. As for that casting spoiler, it looks like Linda Blair will appear in ep 7 and play a police detective.
I am really looking forward to that and I think she will be terrific in that role. Another casting spoiler is Amber Benson (from BtVS), she is possibly going to play a vampire in the 3rd ep.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Daryl, yeah, Taylor was kind of jawdropping beautiful. You don't often get an absolute stunner like that. The door definitely seemed open for her to come back, and I don't think too many people would mind.

My memory's so swiss cheesed that when I watched Dead in the Water last night, I saw Amy Acker and was thinking, "Who is this cutie? I've seen her somewhere." She was only a regular on the last season of Alias, which I just watched straight through a month or so ago.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Amy Acker was also a regular on season 3-5 of Angel.

I'm still gonna keep my hopes of for a return of Taylor Cole. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, awesome. I just found out the premiere is called "In My Time Of Dying." I've had Zeppelin running through my head since I read that.

In my time of dying
Want nobody to moan
All I want for you to do
Is take my body home
Well, well, well
So I can die easy

Just that premise alone makes it seem like the premiere will be pretty creepy. The Winchesters are in for some bad times. Obvious from the finale, yeah, but now that it's almost here. . . .

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I watched it when it aired, but Im almost done watching the S1 set. Liked it before, love it even more now. Can not wait till s2 starts

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks