Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Supernatural Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
317 replies to this topic

#1 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 31 2006 - 01:51 PM

Looks like you can watch the season premiere early if you're so inclined. The CW will have the first new episode available on September 21 on the internet, along with early showings of Veronica Mars and Everybody Hates Chris:

http://today.reuters....SION-CW-DC.XML
http://newyorkbusine...ws.cms?id=14636

I searched to make sure there wasn't an earlier Supernatural S2 thread, so let me know if I just overlooked it. I don't want to steal somebody's ongoing! Posted Image

Oh, yeah, and I got this info from Lauren, who joined the HTF towards the end of last season. If you're reading this, thanks.

#2 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 05 2006 - 09:40 AM

Here's an image from one of the first new episodes. I'll just link it as it could be a minor spoiler (it reveals a location, nothing else). Plus, it's a big honkin' image:

http://i64.photobuck....t_ep202_19.jpg

Looks more colorful than we often get from this show. Remember how the reaper episode looked almost black-and-white? A bit of a spoiler about this episode (this one is a bigger spoiler than the picture itself, so be warned). I've been told that it features

killer clowns. Posted Image I'm not a big clown fan, so that could be cool. I wonder if they're from outer space. . . .

#3 of 318 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 11:23 AM

I think that is just a "behind the scenes" shot. Considering how last season ended that is either before make up or takes place much later than the season one final.

#4 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 05 2006 - 12:34 PM

I understand it to be episode 2, but I am not sure about that. If you're expecting scars on the boys, though, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I understand not wanting a Voyager-style reset button, but the CW isn't going to want to upset all the female fans who will NOT want their precious Jensen marred in any way. Posted Image

#5 of 318 WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 06 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hi Greg,

You are correct, that pic was taken while they were filming ep 2. There had been a call for volunteer extras and as a thank you to the people that showed up, they gave away a TV/DVD combo set. Several fans showed up and many were taking pictures. This picture was taken while they were giving the TV away so it wasn't actually apart of filming. But if you look close, you can see a small scar on Jensen’s forehead.
And we do get some pretty good physical continuity in the first ep for all the characters.

#6 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 06 2006 - 04:32 PM

I see it now. Maybe that's why Sam's wearing a cap, to cover wounds. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they are paying that much attention to continuity. Good stuff.

Funny that that's from the competition. I figured Sam and Dean were addressing a crowd for some reason. Heh.

#7 of 318 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 06 2006 - 07:15 PM

You know i'm so all over season 2, one of my favorite shows from last year! And i'll finally get to watch the show in HD, too! Posted Image

Can't wait to see how Sam, Dean and John got out of that sticky situation. Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#8 of 318 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
I see it now. Maybe that's why Sam's wearing a cap, to cover wounds. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they are paying that much attention to continuity. Good stuff.

Funny that that's from the competition. I figured Sam and Dean were addressing a crowd for some reason. Heh.

Huh? The last episode of last season the boys and their dad were t-boned by a demonic semi driver. I would expect it to be more than referred to.

#9 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 07 2006 - 05:24 AM

Yes. But, I don't expect half the season to be them limping around, nursing wounds. I'm not talking about them forgetting the events, I'm just surprised that they are keeping the physical reminders. If the shot above is any indication, it's on a pretty minor scale.

#10 of 318 WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 07 2006 - 05:13 PM

The first ep does take place pretty soon after the crash and Dean is unconscious and in a hospital and pretty messed up and Sam has a lot of scratches and bruising on his face.

I’m not sure how much time is supposed to have passed before the second ep takes place
but it has to be a while because they’ve had time to fix the car so by that time, the scars would realistically be less noticeable too. Though Sam does still have some scratches on his face also.

And yeah, I don’t think they want to spend too much time having the boys be less than perfect, but so far they seem to be making an effort to do better than they did in S1 with the magically disappearing claw gouges from Shadow or Dean’s magically healing chest after Asylum. Posted Image Stuff looks really good so far!

Some spoilery promo shots from the first ep of S2 (click on "enter gallery"):
http://super.emedian.net/eps2.html

#11 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 08 2006 - 10:32 AM

I don't know if guest stars are spoilers, but this was given to me in spoiler tags, so I'll go ahead and do the same. Supposedly, this person will be appearing soon in a possibly recurring role:

Linda Blair

I wish there was a way for Meg to stay as a recurring character. It was sort of a mistake to kill her off, though I do love the way it was done. A body broken and only kept together by a demon, while the girl trapped inside had to witness all the horrors being done, was a great concept. I'm sure they could come up with a way to bring her back--"the demon slipped out of Hell, and came back in the form of Meg"--but it would kind of cheapen the season finale. It would be *really* cool if they did some kind of followup like this: Meg was missing, and her body suddenly turns up in the woods in Missouri, I think it was, broken from a fall on pavement. That would raise some red flags, right? A family member--maybe a sister, though not played by Nicki Aycox, as that would be too on-the-nose--shows up, and won't let go of the investigation. Maybe she makes a connection to the Winchester boys and dogs them until they can convince her that it was something supernatural going on. At that point, assuming the audience has made a favorable connection with this actress, maybe she could help them to hunt the thing that did this to all of them. I'd love that kind of commitment to continuity and consequence.

Of course, I haven't seen the finale since it aired, so I don't remember if they buried Meg's body or not. I'm sure that could be gotten around.

#12 of 318 Daryl L

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 11:04 AM

Yep, Meg was cool. Wish she could have been saved too. Good brainstorming there Greg. Posted Image

I've been soooooooo hoping Taylor Cole would return as a regular or in a recurring roll in S2 as well. She was awesome in the Provenance episode and DANG! she's hot.
Daryl L 
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D
2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
15" LED Glossy Widescreen
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3 Vram

#13 of 318 WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 11:59 AM

Yes, I really like Taylor Cole as well and I hope we see her again too. As for that casting spoiler,
it looks like Linda Blair will appear in ep 7 and play a police detective.
I am really looking forward to that and I think she will be terrific in that role. Another casting spoiler is
Amber Benson (from BtVS), she is possibly going to play a vampire in the 3rd ep.

#14 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 08 2006 - 01:05 PM

Daryl, yeah, Taylor was kind of jawdropping beautiful. You don't often get an absolute stunner like that. The door definitely seemed open for her to come back, and I don't think too many people would mind.

My memory's so swiss cheesed that when I watched Dead in the Water last night, I saw Amy Acker and was thinking, "Who is this cutie? I've seen her somewhere." She was only a regular on the last season of Alias, which I just watched straight through a month or so ago. Posted Image

#15 of 318 WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 08 2006 - 01:28 PM

Promo pictures from ep 2:
Everybody Loves a Clown. With Alona Tal from Veronica Mars, who is probably going to have a recurring role.
http://super.emedian.net/eps202.html

#16 of 318 Daryl L

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
Daryl, yeah, Taylor was kind of jawdropping beautiful. You don't often get an absolute stunner like that. The door definitely seemed open for her to come back, and I don't think too many people would mind.

My memory's so swiss cheesed that when I watched Dead in the Water last night, I saw Amy Acker and was thinking, "Who is this cutie? I've seen her somewhere." She was only a regular on the last season of Alias, which I just watched straight through a month or so ago. Posted Image
Amy Acker was also a regular on season 3-5 of Angel.

I'm still gonna keep my hopes of for a return of Taylor Cole. Posted Image
Daryl L 
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D
2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

#17 of 318 Daryl L

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted September 09 2006 - 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynterWolf
Promo pictures from ep 2:
Everybody Loves a Clown. With Alona Tal from Veronica Mars, who is probably going to have a recurring role.
http://super.emedian.net/eps202.html
That a be cool, me likey. Posted Image
Daryl L 
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D
2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

#18 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 09 2006 - 07:21 AM

Seedy roadside bars and girls with guns. Yeah, I'm there. Posted Image

#19 of 318 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 12 2006 - 10:09 AM

Oh, awesome. I just found out the premiere is called "In My Time Of Dying." I've had Zeppelin running through my head since I read that.

In my time of dying
Want nobody to moan
All I want for you to do
Is take my body home
Well, well, well
So I can die easy

Just that premise alone makes it seem like the premiere will be pretty creepy. The Winchesters are in for some bad times. Obvious from the finale, yeah, but now that it's almost here. . . .

#20 of 318 CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 01:13 PM

I watched it when it aired, but Im almost done watching the S1 set. Liked it before, love it even more now. Can not wait till s2 starts

Forum Nav Content I Follow