What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Who else is excited for the premiere of Jericho? It's probably my most-wanted fall pilot. I think it looks intriguing, like the same kind of suspenseful show as Lost, which is exactly the kind of show I like. (Plus, I'm not ashamed, I've always had a little bit of a thing for Skeet Ulrich....)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Looks to me like the creators saw Testament and decided to make a series out of it. I'll give it a shot though. I love apocalyptic/disaster related films, so why not a TV show?

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I've been watching some preview clips over at the CBS site and they are defininitely making me really curious about it. I wonder what the explosion will come from? Also I think there's a lot of ways they could go with the figuring out how the town will function socially in the aftermath/how isolated will the town be, etc. It kind of reminds me of this book "Alas, Babylon" from years ago, which I will have to reread because I've completely forgotten what happens at the end.

PS - Todd, I love your icon, btw!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's a bump for tonight's premiere of Jericho, one of CBS's non-procedural foray into multi-episodic storytelling.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've been seeing ads for this for weeks now and must say that it looks both intriguing and a bit on the bizarre side. I'll check it out if for any other reason than to satisfy my curiosity.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Yes, that's right! Tonight! Yay! It feels like I've been waiting to see this forever. (I was good and resisted the temptation to watch a screener or watch the early view stream on the YahooTV site. I think it will be better watching it on a real TV, not my computer.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this does tonight!

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Well, what did you all think? I liked it. My Insightbb HD looked great too, no compression.

Seems like they are deff Atom bombs that went off in the show. We'll have to see though.

What are your throughts about the show?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
So Macrainey Rode out of Deadwood For Jericho? Hmm not sure it was worth it. This is one of these shows that I'll definitely Watch 3 shows (If CBS Does'nt Pull it) to see where it's going, but seriously there was alot of gaping holes, if the Power was still on and the guy had a Ham radio some information would've been accessible there. Cars are still working have the sent anyone anywhere to find out what's happenning ? I can see this one going fast, and too bad because it's only 1 of 2 shows I was remotely even interested in seeing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was great. A perfect balance of small town life with a fairly practical look at an armageddon-esque situation. Like Spielberg's War of the Worlds, Jericho keeps the focus squarely on the ground level and only gives us what they have to see. There were some Lost-esque mysterious subplots introduced, like the son's previous occupation and the black guy's past. (My guess: one of the prisoners from the bus.) But overall, it was a much more believable, straight science fiction premise. Loved the closing shot of all the dead birds covering the road.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife wanted to see this, so we watched the premiere last night. I was unenthused. I have no specific complaints, but it felt less polished than the shows I prefer. It reminded me more of the made-for-TV cataclysmic movies than a polished series. But that may improve as the writers and cast find their groove.

I'll probably ignore it, as I've got too much TV already. (And I may have to learn to enjoy Amazing Race for marital harmony :)) If Jericho gets rave reviews, I'll catch up with holiday and summer reruns.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I really liked the premiere. Hopefully CBS will give it a chance and not pull a 'Threshold'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks