Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted January 23 2008 - 08:05 AM

Some possible good news:

Quote:
Jericho Takes A New Direction

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told SCI-FI Wire that the upcoming seven-episode second season will tell a complete story -- but that producers shot two endings in case the show is picked up for a third season.

And this today, from SCI-FI Wire:

Quote:
23 JANUARY 2008

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' post-apocalyptic drama Jericho, told SCI-FI Wire that she should know pretty early on whether the show will live beyond the seven-episode second season, which kicks off next month.

"I'm just guessing here, but I would imagine that probably, they usually start to have an opinion around the third airing, so usually by then your fate can be sealed in terms of it not going well," Barbee said. "They may wait another week or so if it is going well for us to order more."

What may work in the show's favor is the ongoing writers' strike. When Jericho was canceled in its first season, it was competing with several new shows. But now that the show is coming back, albeit in an abbreviated form, as a result of a fan campaign, the series finds itself in the position of being one of the few original scripted programs still on the air on the major broadcast networks. And because the show's seven-episode season was wrapped by the time the writers' strike began, it will run as a complete story arc with a beginning, a middle and an end.

"Obviously they can't order any more if the writers' strike is still going on, but I would imagine I would get a phone call and, you know, start thinking about season three" if the show pulls decent ratings, Barbee said. "Although we sort of had already arc'ed out season three, so we know what the basics are. Obviously we'd need to get back in there with our staff and break all the stories, but that's what I would imagine. I'd imagine they'd let it air three times at least before they make any moves."

Barbee added: "If there's any good that comes out of the writers' strike, I'm hoping, besides a good deal, I'm hoping it's in the favor of Jericho."

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower...son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

- Charlie Kelly (via Dennis Reynolds)

#782 of 787 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted January 23 2008 - 08:51 AM

And even more "Jericho" news:

'Jericho' Finds Shelter at Sci Fi - Fan-favorite show will air on cable on Mondays - Zap2it

What's not mentioned in the above article is this from Sci-Fi Wire:

Quote:
SCI FI will simulcast Jericho in HD on SCI FI HD.

#783 of 787 Louis C

Louis C

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted February 08 2008 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshEH
Some possible good news:

And this today, from SCI-FI Wire:
Capt Kirk ---> ROFL

I am getting really psyched for Season Two, starting next week!

#784 of 787 Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
First two eps of the second season leaked.. oh my goodness. Great opening for the season, not quite Dexter worthy, but damn good. Posted Image

Are we allowed to talk about them yet ...at least in a non-spoiler fashion? I've watched the first two but am saving the third one for tomorrow night. IMHO what I've seen so far has continued the upward trend of the second half of last season and got me psyched for the rest of this seven episode run. People here in the UK are often quite disparaging about US tv but I don't see UK broadcasters putting out anything as good as Jericho, Lost, Heroes etc.

Score one for Uncle Sam! :-)

#785 of 787 Louis C

Louis C

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 02:01 PM

No, please don't discuss any S2 material without spoilerlizing. None have aired yet, and I would assume most readers here have not 'obtained' them online. Thanks.

#786 of 787 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 13,818 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 11 2008 - 05:07 PM

I, for one, am waiting for the OTA broadcast tomorrow night. Let's keep it to what has aired on the East Coast.

#787 of 787 Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 08:30 PM

Sorry, I've been a naughty boyPosted Image my excuse is I live in the UK. Season 1 aired here in a graveyard slot on ITV4 *after* I'd read about it in a magazine and found online copies. I plan on buying the DVDs - I will most likely get hold of a R1 copy as these things take ages to come out on R2. Even Heroes which has been a big success here came out later than the US version and in a split pack so you had to buy TWO full price box sets to get the whole season! They pulled the same stunt with Lost too - nothing but a giant ripoffPosted Image

I see there is now an official Season 2 thread started today so I guess I'll see you all over there after you see the premierePosted Image

Back to TV Programming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow