Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jericho ongoing thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
786 replies to this topic

#41 of 787 OFFLINE   xfile94

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted September 24 2006 - 12:41 PM

I tried to watch the show last night, and there was NO SOUND!!! This has never happened before, but now the show is ruined for me. I had high hopes for this too. I might watch next week, just out of curiousity.

#42 of 787 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 12:38 AM

Quote:
What a ridiculous mentality they have, like crime shows are the ONLY kind of show that can be a success.

I remember another person would mockingly say that CBS should stand for Crime-Based Shows, after they pulled Love Monkey off the air.

Quote:
Average TV viewers are more apt to be attracted to shows with self-contained episodes vs. shows with long-running arcs because the viewers don't want to have to watch every single episode from the very beginning to enjoy the episode at hand.

I've recently talked to one people like that, who said that he couldn't get into shows like 24 or The Sopranos (not even on DVD), because of the "commitment requirement".

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#43 of 787 OFFLINE   Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 04:50 AM

Quote:
Some of the dialogue seemed a little cheesy and out of place as well, like the mayor's speech to the town, the only thing missing from that was Bill Pullman's speech fanfare from Independance Day.
Bearing in mind that the townspeople called the Mayor on that very issue too....

#44 of 787 OFFLINE   BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,553 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
The Mayor's son is good in a pinch with emergency tracheotomies, but not good with kiddie issues.
Except that he made the outer incision in the wrong direction.
Quote:
not all ham radio operators are wierd like that guy!
Yes they are.

Posted Image

I enjoyed it. I'll keep with it for now.
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#45 of 787 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,389 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 25 2006 - 12:52 PM

Looks like the series got started on a strong foot, ratings wise, anyway:
Quote:
The series premiere of JERICHO was second in households (7.5/12), viewers (11.40m), adults 25-54 (4.4/12, -0.2 behind ABC) and adults 18-49 (3.2/10). This is the best regularly scheduled delivery in the time period since January 5, 2005 in households ("60 Minutes Wednesday"), February 4, 2004 in viewers ("60 Minutes Wednesday"), February 26, 2003 in adults 25-54 ("Star Search") and May 17, 2006 in adults 18-49 ("The Amazing Race 9" finale).

Compared to the same night last year (the season premieres of "Still Standing" and "Yes Dear"), JERICHO was up +63% in both households (from 4.6/07) and adults 25-54 (from 2.7/07), +39% in adults 18-49 (from 2.3/07), +22% in adults 18-34 (2.2/08 from 1.8/06) and added +4.60m viewers (from 6.80m, +68%).

#46 of 787 OFFLINE   paul_v

paul_v

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted September 26 2006 - 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
Their mentality is bolstered by the ratings their crime procedurals get. Average TV viewers are more apt to be attracted to shows with self-contained episodes vs. shows with long-running arcs because the viewers don't want to have to watch every single episode from the very beginning to enjoy the episode at hand. Those viewers seem to be the norm for Nielsen families, while the rest of us who enjoy shows that feature a weekly investment to enjoy the long-running arcs are left to hope such a show gets enough viewers or commitment from the network to keep it on the air.

I should be getting my Neilson box in a few weeks and I watch BSG, Lost, and 24 religiously.
Paul V

#47 of 787 OFFLINE   Brian^K

Brian^K

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 09:05 AM

I cannot explain how I know this, but if you're a Nielsen family, you're obligated not to reveal this publicly.

#48 of 787 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:07 PM

Does anyone know Morse Code? Posted Image Any cities mentioned that weren't pinned down?

I'll definitely be tuning in for the short run, at the very least.

#49 of 787 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,891 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:14 PM

Ashley Scott looks great with the long blonde hair, but this show is bit on the drab side due to the characters being duller than dirt.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#50 of 787 OFFLINE   Justin_S

Justin_S

Producer

• 3,573 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:17 PM

Heh, I thought he was going to pin L.A., but then he panned down to San Diego. Anyway, from what he said to his wife(?), I'm assuming he knew the attack was coming through some form of intelligence or something, thus his arrival in Jericho.

#51 of 787 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:22 PM

Eh, this show's history, I just don't care about what happened and i'm not into the whole Lost-style enigmatic plot and characters, it frustrates me rather than intrigues me.

Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#52 of 787 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,061 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:26 PM

Definately he's more than an ex-St Louis Police guy. His house does seem rather secure doesn't it in that he didn't seem to be too upset that the daughter was upstairs after the rain started.

That last scene was the best of the show just showing the him picking pin after pin out of the box and not showing where the pins went. I hope they abandon the scary-man of the week and rescue at the the last second stuff. It would be like Battlestar Galactica landing on New Caprica and the Cylons not showing up at the end.

How are you going to remove 18 inches of topsoil without a source of a lot of gasoline and a radiation suit for the operator?

#53 of 787 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,842 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 27 2006 - 02:41 PM

I swear, if CBS doesn't quit with hitting us with endless commercials every nine minutes or so, I will be tuning out very soon. It's completely unnecessary. How many times was the Criminal Minds promo with the kid auction shown? How many times the CSI promo with the miniature kitchen? Enough.

As for the show, it gets one more week to pick itself up or I'm out. October 11 (two weeks from tonight) is 30 Rock with Tina Fey at 8 pm. That will be appointment TV; a bad Lost knockoff is not.

Entirely too many problems with tonight's episode, including:

1) Isn't it terribly convenient Bonnie had two vintage guns sitting in the living room with six bullets in the same case?

2) Whatever the two girls names were who were trying to take the coke...I wanted to strangle them. Similarly, whoever the girl was that told the boy he was a freak and whatnot...UGH! Am I supposed to want these people to die horrible deaths?

3) Gee, thanks for the science lesson, Mr. Deputy Mayor. Could that "this is radiation does to you" exposition get any drier and more boring?

The overriding problem is that I don't care about these people. I spend more time heckling the TV and picking everything apart than I do enjoying the product. Bright spot is that Lost comes back next week. Posted Image

#54 of 787 OFFLINE   BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,553 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 03:34 PM

I must confess, I'm a bit of a sucker for post-apoccalyptic drama, so I'll stick with it for now. Even so, I've got a feeling I already know where the show is going. In the end, I think it will ultimately be revealed that
the bombs were all detonated by some very bad people.

Yes, I know. Very shocking, indeed.
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#55 of 787 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,902 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_V
As for the show, it gets one more week to pick itself up or I'm out. October 11 (two weeks from tonight) is 30 Rock with Tina Fey at 8 pm. That will be appointment TV; a bad Lost knockoff is not.
But who's to say 30 Rock won't be a bad 'Studio 60' knockoff?

Quote:
The overriding problem is that I don't care about these people. I spend more time heckling the TV and picking everything apart than I do enjoying the product. Bright spot is that Lost comes back next week. Posted Image
I agree to a degree, but I must say I also felt that way about the people on Lost the entire first season (and still feel that way about many of them).

#56 of 787 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,644 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 27 2006 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
2) Whatever the two girls names were who were trying to take the coke...I wanted to strangle them. Similarly, whoever the girl was that told the boy he was a freak and whatnot...UGH! Am I supposed to want these people to die horrible deaths?
Same girl as in the store.

I agree the character behavior is pretty annoying. I had as much of a problem with the girls as I did with the woman who owned the store. Last week she thought her worker was stealing the food rather than trying to keep it from going bad. She most not like teenagers.

My biggest WTF moment was Ashley Scott's character asking, "Why are you still here?" Uh...yeah, it's all about you. There was a fricking mushroom cloud in Denver!

The convicts posing as officers was also poorly done. Yeah, no one would be supspicious of you guys Posted Image.

I feel this will be 2006's "Threshold" for me.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#57 of 787 OFFLINE   RickGr

RickGr

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 04:58 PM

The first bit of morse said "DELTA CODE DELTA 2 MINUTE WARNING"

The second bit said "SCORE REMAINS SCORELESS"

Now whether these are actual clues or giberish the producers put in not thinking someone watching might know morse. As is they did send real words and not garbage so not sure what to make of it.
Rick

#58 of 787 OFFLINE   Brian^K

Brian^K

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 11:24 PM

Quote:
I swear, if CBS doesn't quit with hitting us with endless commercials every nine minutes or so, I will be tuning out very soon.
Commercials? I didn't notice any commercials. Posted Image

Quote:
It's completely unnecessary.
How do you figure? Commercials actually pay for the program to be produced and broadcast.

Quote:
The overriding problem is that I don't care about these people
I agree. The only character I care about is Bonnie, and that's only because of the actress who plays her -- she's from HBO's Weeds.

#59 of 787 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,842 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 28 2006 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH
But who's to say 30 Rock won't be a bad 'Studio 60' knockoff?

It may very well be. But my rationale is this: how can anything with Tina Fey be bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian^K
How do you figure? Commercials actually pay for the program to be produced and broadcast.

Yeah, I understand that. However, it seemed like the majority of the commercials last night were for other CBS shows. I think the only one that wasn't advertised was The Amazing Race.

2014 Movie Diary on Letterboxd

#60 of 787 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted September 28 2006 - 02:38 AM

Quote:
It may very well be. But my rationale is this: how can anything with Tina Fey be bad?

Have you watched SNL lately?? Posted Image

I agree with a previous poster. The cop from St.Louis must no something. I am enjoying the show so far...Was glad they got rid of the escaped convicts from the story.

I do want to thank CBS for one thing. I had to miss the last 20 minutes of the show and forgot to tivo it. Luckily, I was able to watch what I missed on the CBS.com
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow