Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jericho ongoing thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
786 replies to this topic

#1 of 787 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 06:14 AM

Who else is excited for the premiere of Jericho? It's probably my most-wanted fall pilot. I think it looks intriguing, like the same kind of suspenseful show as Lost, which is exactly the kind of show I like. (Plus, I'm not ashamed, I've always had a little bit of a thing for Skeet Ulrich....)

#2 of 787 Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,027 posts

Posted August 31 2006 - 01:38 PM

The commercials certainly have me intrigued. I'll be checking it out when it premiers.

#3 of 787 Justin_S

Justin_S

Producer

• 3,573 posts

Posted August 31 2006 - 02:31 PM

Looks to me like the creators saw Testament and decided to make a series out of it. I'll give it a shot though. I love apocalyptic/disaster related films, so why not a TV show?

#4 of 787 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted September 01 2006 - 04:06 AM

I've been watching some preview clips over at the CBS site and they are defininitely making me really curious about it. I wonder what the explosion will come from? Also I think there's a lot of ways they could go with the figuring out how the town will function socially in the aftermath/how isolated will the town be, etc. It kind of reminds me of this book "Alas, Babylon" from years ago, which I will have to reread because I've completely forgotten what happens at the end.

PS - Todd, I love your icon, btw!

#5 of 787 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 05:27 AM

Here's a bump for tonight's premiere of Jericho, one of CBS's non-procedural foray into multi-episodic storytelling.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#6 of 787 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 20 2006 - 07:59 AM

I've been seeing ads for this for weeks now and must say that it looks both intriguing and a bit on the bizarre side. I'll check it out if for any other reason than to satisfy my curiosity.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#7 of 787 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 09:16 AM

Yes, that's right! Tonight! Yay! It feels like I've been waiting to see this forever. (I was good and resisted the temptation to watch a screener or watch the early view stream on the YahooTV site. I think it will be better watching it on a real TV, not my computer.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this does tonight!

#8 of 787 Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,109 posts
  • LocationNY Capital Region

Posted September 20 2006 - 09:24 AM

I'll definitely be checking this one out tonight.

#9 of 787 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 10:56 AM

I think "a non-procedural foray into multi-episodic storytelling" would make a great slogan.

#10 of 787 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 11:55 AM

looking forward to this!!
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#11 of 787 Chris Huber

Chris Huber

Second Unit

• 416 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 01:03 PM

Well, what did you all think? I liked it. My Insightbb HD looked great too, no compression.

Seems like they are deff Atom bombs that went off in the show. We'll have to see though.

What are your throughts about the show?

#12 of 787 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 01:26 PM

Damn, Atlanta's gone...

#13 of 787 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,267 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 01:59 PM

So Macrainey Rode out of Deadwood For Jericho? Hmm not sure it was worth it. This is one of these shows that I'll definitely Watch 3 shows (If CBS Does'nt Pull it) to see where it's going, but seriously there was alot of gaping holes, if the Power was still on and the guy had a Ham radio some information would've been accessible there. Cars are still working have the sent anyone anywhere to find out what's happenning ? I can see this one going fast, and too bad because it's only 1 of 2 shows I was remotely even interested in seeing.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#14 of 787 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,004 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 20 2006 - 02:21 PM

I thought it was great. A perfect balance of small town life with a fairly practical look at an armageddon-esque situation. Like Spielberg's War of the Worlds, Jericho keeps the focus squarely on the ground level and only gives us what they have to see. There were some Lost-esque mysterious subplots introduced, like the son's previous occupation and the black guy's past. (My guess: one of the prisoners from the bus.) But overall, it was a much more believable, straight science fiction premise. Loved the closing shot of all the dead birds covering the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa
but seriously there was alot of gaping holes, if the Power was still on and the guy had a Ham radio some information would've been accessible there.
"The guy" in question happened to be insane. If you'll remember, they tried to establish contact through the HAM radio but the power went out just as they were going inside. Convenient for the plot, yes, but not a hole.
Quote:
Cars are still working have the sent anyone anywhere to find out what's happenning ?
Considering that none of the cops they sent out to search for the son and the school bus made it back, I think they're justified in staying close to home. They KNOW home's safe; anywhere else, not so much. If the preview for next week is any indication, however,
It looks like the whole town takes off, to fortify until the radioactive rain passes through.

#15 of 787 DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,053 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 20 2006 - 11:26 PM

My wife wanted to see this, so we watched the premiere last night. I was unenthused. I have no specific complaints, but it felt less polished than the shows I prefer. It reminded me more of the made-for-TV cataclysmic movies than a polished series. But that may improve as the writers and cast find their groove.

I'll probably ignore it, as I've got too much TV already. (And I may have to learn to enjoy Amazing Race for marital harmony Posted Image) If Jericho gets rave reviews, I'll catch up with holiday and summer reruns.

#16 of 787 Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 11:27 PM

Is there any rebroadcast for this?

I missed setting up the DVR in time.

#17 of 787 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,596 posts

Posted September 21 2006 - 12:28 AM

Saturday night will feature re-runs of Jericho and Smith on CBS, check your local listings.

#18 of 787 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,267 posts

Posted September 21 2006 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
I thought it was great. A perfect balance of small town life with a fairly practical look at an armageddon-esque situation. Like Spielberg's War of the Worlds, Jericho keeps the focus squarely on the ground level and only gives us what they have to see. There were some Lost-esque mysterious subplots introduced, like the son's previous occupation and the black guy's past. (My guess: one of the prisoners from the bus.) But overall, it was a much more believable, straight science fiction premise. Loved the closing shot of all the dead birds covering the road."The guy" in question happened to be insane. If you'll remember, they tried to establish contact through the HAM radio but the power went out just as they were going inside. Convenient for the plot, yes, but not a hole.Considering that none of the cops they sent out to search for the son and the school bus made it back, I think they're justified in staying close to home. They KNOW home's safe; anywhere else, not so much. If the preview for next week is any indication, however,
It looks like the whole town takes off, to fortify until the radioactive rain passes through.

What no generators? Surely they had Gas Powered Generators.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#19 of 787 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted September 21 2006 - 01:18 AM

skeet ulrich is the poor mans Johnny Depp. I liked the show Posted Image
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#20 of 787 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted September 21 2006 - 01:48 AM

I really liked the premiere. Hopefully CBS will give it a chance and not pull a 'Threshold'

Forum Nav Content I Follow