What's new

Am I the only one is DOES NOT want to see Lord of the rings? (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm sure there are lots of people who don't want to see LOTR. You won't find many of them here, though. :)
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on October 31, 2001 at 12:24 PM]

Ryan Jameson

Stunt Coordinator
This is like asking "am I the only idiot in the forum?"
wink.gif

Ratguy

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'm only going to see it because of Peter Jackson, although lately I'm even less interested than I was before.
Dagon is what I'm most looking forward to.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"
[Edited last by Julie K on October 31, 2001 at 11:58 AM]

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Awhile back Nathan, I would've said I didn't want to see it, either. But, after catching the trailer before 13 Ghosts, maybe a switch flipped. I found myself getting quite taken in by it. Besides Peter Jackson directing, it looks like it has awesome production behind it. I won't be missing it.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

RicP

Screenwriter
Seeing as how you're only 15, I'm making an assumption that you haven't read the novels.
You should rectify that immediately. :) Once you get into the world that Tolkien has created, there's no way that you won't be at least curious to see that world played out on the big screen.
I've been eagerly awaiting this film for 2 years now. Getting closer....I can feel it.....
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Although I've got very little interest in the short people taking a freaking eternity to get rid of one unwanted piece of jewelry, I do want to see Peter Jackson's new movie, which unfortunately is those short people. I'd much rather it was King Kong or something original, though.

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
hahahahaha
I'm almost finished with the second book. If I have to read one more long history of short people or dwarves or elves or wizards or whatever, or have one more song by the campfire I'm gonna puke my guts out!
The first half of the second book is much better than the second half of the second book. Much bloodier. :D
Hope 'Return of the King' kicks ass, because I can't handle these hobbit songs much longer!
------------------
trenton1.gif

I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!,
I'd have all my money back. -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I must admit, at first I was a bit dumbfounded by this whole LOTR phenominon, but after seeing the trailer, it's on my must see list!
It looks to be the next 'Star Wars' trilogy from what i've heard!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably see it because I'm a mindless drone, seeing whatever I'm told by the Hollywood machine that I have to see.
But I have no real interest in it.
/Mike

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Dagon is what I'm most looking forward to.
According to Upcoming Movies , this is going straight to video in the US. I'm not a big fan of Stuart Gordon's attempts at bringing Lovecraft to the screen, and this doesn't sound like it will change my mind.
Now that LotR is almost here, my next literary-to-cinema wish would be for someone talented (and who can command a decent budget) to do a serious, faithful Lovecraft project. I always thought "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" would make a killer movie if done right.
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Julie K

Screenwriter
quote:
According to Upcoming Movies , this is going straight to video in the US. I'm not a big fan of Stuart Gordon's attempts at bringing Lovecraft to the screen, and this doesn't sound like it will change my mind.
[/quote]
While From Beyond wasn't that great, I did enjoy Re-Animator quite a bit although I will grant that Gordon took a few liberties
laugh.gif

I saw the trailer to Dagon and have very high hopes. Straight-to-video does not give me the terrors as it does to many.
But I certainly agree that a high budget, faithful to Lovecraft movie would be a fantastic thing. Shadow Over Innsmouth would be ideal, or maybe Mountains of Madness. The world needs giant albino penguins on screen.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"
[Edited last by Julie K on October 31, 2001 at 12:50 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks