• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 of 36 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 04:56 AM

While I'm pleased about this release as I live in Britain I would have been happier if it had been a full DVD release. Here in Britain we don't have DVD on demand as yet. However if it is either that or nothing, then I am happy with the on demand service.

#22 of 36 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted December 09 2011 - 04:05 AM

Has anyone got this set? What is it like? Any comments gratefully received.

#23 of 36 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted December 09 2011 - 04:49 AM

I received the set a couple of weeks ago, along with Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion. I have only had time to watch Clarence, which was very flat as far as video quality was concerned - very watchable but faded. I'm guessing that Daktari would look similar. I will report back after watching a couple of episodes.

#24 of 36 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 965 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted December 09 2011 - 08:50 AM

I love this show and Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion, so I'm very glad both are getting DVD releases (I just watched the movie on TCM a few weeks ago, thought that transfer looked good enough). Hope they finish the full run of the show.

#25 of 36 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 08:10 AM

I was delighted when season 1 was released. Does anyone know if it did well enough to merit seasons 2 - 4 being released as well? Many thanks.

#26 of 36 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,419 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'm not sure how the sales are. I just picked up my copy at a great sale price and am enjoying the series as well. Warner Archive seems to be continuing their series in order of release so far. They continued Cheyenne in January followed by The FBI in February by my calculation Medical Center should be next followed by Courtship of Eddies father then Daktari and then Tarzan. So if it gets skipped in that sequence then it might be time to worry otherwise we just have to be patient. They are trying to bring alot of other TV shows out as well as movies and animation so it takes time.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#27 of 36 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted February 22 2013 - 01:48 AM

The WB Archive is also showing Daktari season 2 at 49.95, set for a March 19, 2013 release. I'm excited to see this show resume. I enjoyed it as a kid, and my children have loved it also. The WB is on quite a roll this year, at least as far as shows that I enjoy. Hoping to also see Tarzan season 2 coming soon....

#28 of 36 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,419 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 02:56 AM

The WB Archive is also showing Daktari season 2 at 49.95, set for a March 19, 2013 release. I'm excited to see this show resume. I enjoyed it as a kid, and my children have loved it also. The WB is on quite a roll this year, at least as far as shows that I enjoy. Hoping to also see Tarzan season 2 coming soon....

Yes I expect their Classic TV output will continue to increase this year. Nice Price on Daktari Season 2 considering its 29 episodes and Season 1 was $44.95 for 18 episodes but as always with WA if you can wait, a sale will come along that will make them much cheaper.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#29 of 36 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 965 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted February 22 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'm glad to see Daktari continuing. I was afraid that it might've been stalled.

#30 of 36 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 08:03 AM

I have been told by somebody who has this new set that there are only 28 episodes in it.  That means that the episode Little Miss Nightingale which was originally transmitted on January 3rd 1967 seems to be missing.  Does anyone here know why that might be please?  Many thanks. 

#31 of 36 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted April 08 2013 - 08:26 AM

Ian, I had the same question after receiving my set from Warner.  Gord Lacey at TSOD found out from Warner that the episode "Little Miss Nightingale" actually belongs to season 3.  Apparently some of the online episode guides are incorrect.  That episode will likely be a part of the third season release.  Warner has corrected the website listing to say there are 28 episodes in season 2.  The only remaining discrepancy is the back cover of my season 2 set still says 30 episodes.

#32 of 36 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted April 08 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi GM,

Many thanks for answering my question.  Hopefully season 3 will be issued soon.  Regards,  Ian.

#33 of 36 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted February 01 2014 - 06:17 PM

Still no sign of season 3. Anybody heard any news please? Thanks.

#34 of 36 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 965 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted February 01 2014 - 08:22 PM

I asked in the Warner Archive thread. It sounds like it's planned and being worked on. So hopefully later this year. 

There were 16 months between season 1 and season 2. And season 2 released less than a year ago (March 19th). So nothing alarming about the amount of time that has passed since then. 

#35 of 36 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted February 02 2014 - 02:40 PM

I have great confidence that Warner will finish Daktari, along with many other shows.  They don't always release the shows I want as fast as I'd like, but they are always working on someone's favorites.  They are steady and consistent, and a great friend to classic tv fans.

• Randy Korstick and phenri like this

#36 of 36 OFFLINE   stringbean

stringbean

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'm from the UK and purchased my Daktari sets, both seasons 1 & 2 from Germany, Amazon.de. They are of course Region 2 PAL, so will not help guys in Region 1 land unless you own multi-region DVD players. The German sets are actually in English. No dubbing whatsoever.

The on-screen menu has the episodes in English too, but season two have them in German. Not a big deal for me though. The DVD cover is also in German. That doesn't worry me either as it's the content I'm interested in. Furthermore, unlike the inferior DVD-R MOD offerings from the US, these have been produced on proper pressed single sided DVDs.

I don't think the German people are happy for obvious reasons, it's all in English so they'll have to watch with German subtitles on.

Now if only I could get the Ron Ely Tarzan sets through Amazon.de on proper pressed DVDs and in English then I'll be very happy. At the moment, it's Region 1 DVD-R MOD or nothing for us here in the UK and I just don't fancy going down the DVD-R route unless I really have to.

Edited by stringbean, March 10 2014 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users