What's new

BB Extended Warranty Experience (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
anyone experienced an exchange using BB's extended warranty.

I have a CRT RPTV Sony 57" model. It would be three years endof this year.
I purchased an extended warranty from BB when I bought it.

I have called them thrice in the last one year, to fix a blue bleeding problem. Once they had to replace the blue gun. The other times it was more of adjustments.

It is starting to showup again. According to the contract if the problem is not fixed in three visits they would exchange for a similar or a higher model.

Has anyone done this with BB or any other retailer? Any pointers on the Dos and Donts in the approach I should take?
If they agree for an exchange, can I pay more for an higher upgrade?

your thoughts pls?

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a new TV through Best Buy's plan. I bought the original TV in February 2005 and it started having troubles that I discussed in another thread here. After the third visit without being able to fix the problem, they gave me the OK to get a new TV. Since they don't carry the same model anymore, they gave me my purchase price toward buying a new TV. That kind of surprised me - considering how much prices have come down since then, I thought they would find something close to what I had to determine an "equivalent" price. After all, the plan itself specifies that the replacement item may cost less than the original if the price has gone down in the meantime.

All things considered, things went very well - I got my new TV and they even accepted the matching TV stand I bought with the original TV as an exchange.

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

that was encouraging piece of info. I tried searching the forum for the problem you have reported. I couldn't find it.
If you have a link could you paste it here or explain what the problem you went through with your TV.

Thanks

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator

I just briefly explained the problems with my TV in this thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=240535

Essentially, after I eliminated the cable box (by swapping it out for another one) and the cable (by using a different HDMI cable) as the problems, I had Best Buy come to look at the problem. They replaced a board inside the TV and it didn't help, so they scheduled another visit to put in another board. That board didn't help either, so they scheduled another visit. On that visit, after installing the board, the TV stopped working completely. The installer said that it was probably a loose connection keeping it from working and that he'd be willing to keep working until he had the TV working again, but since it was the third visit, I could also just get a new TV. I decided to take that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks