What's new

Madden 2007, What do you think? (1 Viewer)

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
not the 360 version. as pretty as it is, its bare on features compared to the rest. I bet the PS2 one has the most going for it (outside of visuals)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Visually, it should look the best on the PC or Xbox 360 (no surprise there). Feature-wise, the game tends to be comparable among the PS2 and Xbox versions (I'm hoping that IGN Insider will do a head-to-head comparison in the near future, seeing as they did one for NCAA Football 07). The PC version is rarely mentioned in comparisons, so it's difficult to say if the features are identical to their console counterparts. I don't know of anyone who plays or owns the PC version of Madden, so I'm not sure what the gaming experience is like on that platform.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

My concern with the PS3 version (tentatively scheduled as a launch title) is that it will lack the features that were omitted in this year's Xbox 360 version, yet retain some of the bugs and glitches that marred the release on the 360. I'm fairly certain that we'll see discounts on the PS2 and Xbox versions between now and November, and a $20 price drop in December is not uncommon (I have seen Madden for ~$30 at retail in December the last two years).

If you really need an NFL fix between now and the PS3's release, I don't think you can go wrong with the PS2 or Xbox version. The graphics may be somewhat dated, but they're more stable and feature-laden than their 360 counterpart.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Between myself and my 2 friends, we have every version of madden. We picked it up for the 360 the day it came out and were very dissipointed to find there was no fantasy draft. Then we got it for regular Xbox, graphics are a bit of a dissipointment. I got it for myself for my pc and It really is the best of both worlds. I play it on my pc using my wired 360 controller. Graphics are most similar to the 360 version but with less annoying things such as constant replays and it has all of the features of the ps2 and regular xbox. My other buddy only has a ps2 and got his version for that, he insists ps2 is the best but thats usually only when hes getting blown out in a game on xbox.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor

Oh Smack me now!!!

I own the 07 madden for my game cube and PS2. Which both console the game plays fantastic.

I just won madden 07 from Ebay for my xbox360. Man that game/control functions are crap!! It really annoyed me to play it on the 360. As you said above, grapics are trying to be better , but the this version made me quit really quick and this is coming from a hardcore madden gamer fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks