What's new

PROCESSOR'S ?????? (1 Viewer)

zcar280z

Auditioning
Real Name
Skip Lacey
Hi all, im a nobby to HTF, and possibly to upgrading my gear,i want to upgrade my Yamaha DPS-1 to ether B&K Reference 50 ,or Sunfire Theater Grand IV,or other best choice in that price range,My main amp is yamaha m-85,rears m-60 ,Adcom GFA-535'S for center an sides,using two Velodynes DPS-12 for subs, Nobby could use some help, Thanks Skip.:crazy:

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
What is your price range? Outlaw and Sherwood have great deals and flexibility.

Seth=L

zcar280z

Auditioning
Real Name
Skip Lacey
hi Seth, about 2 to 3 k,or much cheaper if i can find on ebay, thanks for responding .Skip

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I would look into Anthem, Rotel, Adcom, Outlaw and any of the ones you listed. Outlaw brand new is a pretty good bang for buck. If you are a frequent music listener I would consider Rotel, I favor them above most in their price bracket. They both look and sound nice.

arjun

Auditioning
B&K is my personal favourite. I have listened to the Rotel, parasound, sunfire and adcom and choose the B&K for its sound and flexibility.

MHO.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I've owned or tried out B&K's, Rotels, Sherwoods, Outlaws, and even a few Lexicon units. IMHO, Anthem makes the best processors in terms of Price/Performance/Flexibility. Also, they have the best upgrade path on the market. In terms of sound, they are always near the top in music/movies comparisons, and they have great support and service. In other words, if you purchase one, you will not be disappointed.

zcar280z

Auditioning
Real Name
Skip Lacey
Thanks Chung, thats the third time iv heard that about Anthem,looks like i need todo some rethinking

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
Having recently picked up the AVM30 myself, I am very impressed with its performance. The unit sounds excellent and has the setup options I only dreamed about with other processors.

VAHiFi

Auditioning
Real Name
Charles Rizzo
I am also in the market to "step-up" from a Rotel receiver used as a pre-amp to a parasound 6 channel amp (1206).
I've narrowed it down the the following:
Anthem (higher end price range)
Rotel (middle of the road and known product)
Parasound (Same as Rotel)
Outlaw (lower price range)

Any thoughts about bang for the buck versus sound quality? I have (as many of us have) heard good things about Anthem, but it is a step up in price. My experiences have led to me to be a bit more fond of Parasound than Rotel based on my speakers (B&W CDM 1 NTs).
Thanks

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, while some consider the DVI inputs/output on the Outlaw an advantage, others believe that HDMI is predominant, and that this might be something to consider.

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my AVM30 used on audiogon for less than 2/3 the price of a new one. Buying a used processor may get you into the big leagues at the mid-level price...just use discretion in who you deal with; make sure they have a few sales and great feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks