Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Slither HD DVD + Standard DVD Combo 44% off MSRP!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Pete T C

Pete T C

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted August 18 2006 - 09:27 AM

A great deal, and even a great first HD DVD to buy for those who don't have HD players yet - as this disc will play on both standard DVD and HD DVD players!

Slither HD DVD/DVD Combo
http://www.amazon.co....112836?ie=UTF8

For the full discount, you must use the HDDISC10 coupon (buy 3 HD DVD movies, get 10% off all HD DVD orders for a year)

Note that this movie got an excellent 84% at Rotten Tomatoes!
For every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted August 18 2006 - 06:03 PM

Yippee! Another dual format HD-DVD disc. That would be sarcasm. I hate dual sided discs. Also, aren't most only 15 GB on the HD-DVD side right now? Although, the price seems pretty reasonable, but only because Amazon is heavily discounting it. Most dual disc releases have MSRP's much higher than standard HD-DVD's. Instead of making the manufacturing more complicated, why not just package one 30 GB HD-DVD along with a separate DVD-9 in a dual pack case at a reasonable price? Dan

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Manus

Manus

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted August 19 2006 - 01:19 AM

" aren't most only 15 GB on the HD-DVD side right now? " Judging by the reviews of picture and sound quality on previous releases 15gb is more than enough with the codecs they are using.I'm sure when they start doing the 'Extras' in Hd they will change their strategy but for now, for the launch of a new format it allows people who may not have all the required equipment to go HD from the off to get involved ~M~
I have just two words to say to you..... Shut the f*** up !

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Pete T C

Pete T C

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted August 19 2006 - 01:26 AM

Because then you are giving the customer two movie discs for the price of one; they could give the free DVD9 to their sister or family member for instance. However, having a combo disc allows you to retain software backwards compatibility so that the disc can be played anywhere without giving a free movie away. I don't see why you'd complain when you can get the disc for $22.49 - that's the same price Best Buy sells standard HD DVDs for. As for "flipper," who cares when the movie isn't split up? Don't you find it strange that you'd rather not scratch the standard DVD side and instead not have that side/feature at all? Posted Image
For every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users