Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Most desired Criterion release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#81 of 83 Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted September 19 2006 - 07:22 AM

I don't know if Criterion has a licensing "relationship" with Fox still but it would be great to have a non-pd dvd print of Lewis Milestone's THE NORTH STAR (1943) coupled with the McCarthy era re-edit (ARMORED ATTACK). Criterion does a wonderful job of "alternate versions (e.g., BRAZIL, TERMINAL STATION, HOPSCOTCH). Also I'd like to see Michael Powell's GONE TO EARTH coupled with the Selznick re-edit THE WILD HEART, Sumptuous stuff!
Charles Hoyt

#82 of 83 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted September 26 2006 - 04:14 AM

Posted Image

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#83 of 83 Seretur

Seretur

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted September 26 2006 - 10:24 AM

Gone to Earth is a great suggestion -- i've practically worn out my Carlton, and that's more or less a vanilla release.

Now, I wouldn't go into an argument with Chuck Norris... but more Gilliam, and especially Munchausen and The Fisher King, would be most welcome.