Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

XM And Sirius to merge a possability?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 10:44 AM

http://pro.imdb.com/...-16/frontpage/1

Dunno how trustworthy their news division is compared to the rest of the site of user submissions.

Personally, when it comes in, I like XM. Great sound on all five speakers, no commercials for the most part on the ones I do listen too, Chrome and Cinemagic. I know nothing about Sirius, though, so I don't know how that would change things..

would this be a good, or bad thing? If it means no commercials on XM, and it being around longer, maybe even a reduced price, I'm for it Posted Image.

#2 of 7 Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 01:57 PM

all i care about is how it will affect my sirius stock price...personally, i like the live djs on sirius better than xm's offerings...i currently have both, but was going to cancel xm when my subscription ran out...now i will wait and see what happens.

i do know that the guy that bungled the echostar/directtv merger is heading this one up as well...for what thats worth

#3 of 7 MatS

MatS

Screenwriter

• 1,599 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 06:14 PM

competition is good
mergers of this sort are bad

#4 of 7 Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted August 21 2006 - 10:58 PM

competition can be good, but also annoying. I just bought a new Honda. The car comes with XM ready radio w built in antenna etc. Trouble is - I have Sirius and don't want to switch to an inferior product. So I must pay extra to have Sirius wired into my car by a 3rd party or spend a few hours doing it myself. Nice.

#5 of 7 SethH

SethH

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 09:35 PM

competition is good
mergers of this sort are bad

generalizations and blanket statements are bad too Posted Image

#6 of 7 Dave Morton

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor

• 754 posts

Posted August 23 2006 - 04:38 AM

this would be as likely to happen as the dish network/direct tv merger.
------ Dave ------
------------------
MY HT

New Family Addition

#7 of 7 Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted March 10 2007 - 04:50 AM

Hmm...