What's new

The Classic Sci-FI Ultimate Collection (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
Universal is releasing five Sci-fi's in a collection (TARANTULA, THE MOLE PEOPLE, MONSTER ON THE CAMPUS, THEINCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, MONOLITH MONSTERS) priced at $19.98 on 9/19. Probably few, if any, extras but if memory serves me right, Orson Welles appeared in the trailer of THE SHRINKING MAN and that it was a hoot!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Holy Crud!

Tarantula! Another one of my long-time hold outs is coming to DVD. It seems like Universal is finally starting to figure out what they have in their closet. This has always been my favorite of the giant bug movies, and I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

JerryKILL

Stunt Coordinator
Monolith Monsters....oh man is this a personal favorite I haven't seen in a looong time! Provided these are DVD-9s and not DVD-18s, Universal may just get my vote as "most improved" studio of the year.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
Absolutely tremendous news, I have been waiting to see these again forever, the only one here that I haven't seen is MONSTER ON THE CAMPUS. I can't wait. I hope that Universal will have someone do commentaries for all of these, I suggest Tom Weaver, he did a great commentary on Universal's release of It Came From Outer Space, and it would be great to have him commenting on these five classics. Thank You Universal (I can't believe I just said that, they will probably find a way to screw it up)

Edit: How Stupid of Me, Where is The Deadly Mantis!!!!!!

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Where does this information come from? This doesn't show up in the list of upcoming releases on their website -- in September, or any other month.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Uh-Oh!

I'm very nervous with the $19.98 pricepoint that these are DVD-18. Please no! I would pay more than that for Tarantula alone, where I won't give one red cent for these on DVD-18.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news and great price. I'll buy them regardless of format since I've never had an issue with a DVD-18 only a few DVD-9's. Maybe these will be two DVD-14's since its only 5 movies.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Ditto! Yeah, let's keep a lookout to see if these are those disastrous DVD-18's.

Also, I'd have to presume there will be a "volume 2," as Universal has missed some other '50s sci-fi flicks...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have not seen a DVD 18 release from Universal for a time now. Thank you! Maybe they finally got the hint.

If anyone can find this for preorder from Amazon that would be cool.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i hope that is is not dvd 18, and i would welcome a second set as well, nice to see them going into to vaults, some how i could see this work as a three disc set

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Only if it turns out to be true. Right now, with only one site mentioning it and no site offering it for pre-order, I'm suspicious.

Gary "it would be nice if Universal's site had some official announcement or something..." O.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
There's nothing on Universal's B2B site about this. If it were coming in September, they'd have announced it back in June.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
From DVDReview: "Universal has not yet revealed exact details about each of the films" -- that's probably why it's not on their website yet. And this wouldn't be the first release from a major studio that has pretty much gone without a press release. I don't think it'll be on their website until/unless they issue a press release??? Although I would think this would get more attention than it has been getting.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Wow, it's about time!

I'm so happy that Universal is starting to get its act together with their film Library. I just wish their was a volume 1 listed next to the collection.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
'Bout time!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks