Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

REM CD + DVD-A editions disappearing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 08:47 AM

So...I've noticed that REM's CD + DVD-A editions have become scarce. Amazon seems down to their last stock on them, and my local Tower Records, Best Buy, and Borders no longer have them. Anyone know? Were these supposed to be limited editions?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Windbreaker

Windbreaker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 11:36 AM

Check DVD Price Search. I have no idea if they were limited. Most stores I go in don't have much to offer in the DVD-A area.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   kamyiu

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 08:57 PM

What someone really needs to do is reissue the IRS stuff.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Albert_M

Albert_M

Supporting Actor

• 532 posts

Posted August 17 2006 - 05:30 AM

A new best of IRS is coming out this Fall.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted August 21 2006 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_M
A new best of IRS is coming out this Fall.

This new "Best of IRS" looks interesting. There is a single CD & a double CD version. The double CD includes about 15 "unreleased" tracks & demos that are not available on the single CD release.

There is also a companion DVD. It has all the IRS music videos & much more. None of it ever before available on DVD. Looks excellent!

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 09:24 AM

I don't know that they were limited editions but I have no reason to believe anymore will ever be manufactured. What I would question is are there large inventories of the titles somewhere but I sure doubt it. Very few new titles or re-releases are being done on DVD-A by Warner. Warner has announced their intention to start releasing DVD Albums. Will the R.E.M. DVD-A titles show up in that format? That is the only likely way to see any further Warner R.E.M. DVD-A's released as far as I know. It is all pretty unclear right now but DVD Albums with CD's included may not be in the future. If the DVD-A/CD set is what you want, I would say buy now.

Chris

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Paul.S

Paul.S

Producer

• 3,816 posts
  • LocationHollywood, California

Posted August 23 2006 - 09:20 PM

I wouldn't base much on the absence of these CD + DVD(-A) "Deluxe Editions" at most B&Ms, especially Borders. More noteworthy is the listing of less than 5 each at Amazon as of this typing for Monster, Green and Out Of Time.

Looks like all three of those are in stock at both Music Direct and Elusive Disc though, both of which are far better destinations for high rez than Tower. (Plus it looks like there's plenty of pre-owned available via Amazon, an attractive option given that $22.99 Amazon wants for each.)