What's new

Twilight Zone - The COMPLETE Definitive Collection (28-Disc Set)? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I've come accross several listings for this online, and apparently a street date has been given for October 3rd.

It's supposed to include ALL 128 episodes spanning all five seasons of the show.

I'm just curious if anyone has anymore info regarding the context of this?

How will Image manage to include 28 discs and will they be in those slimline cases or some sort of digipack fold-out this time?

Also, the Definitive Edition of the first season came packaged with a softcover "Twilight Zone Companion Book" which was included in the box... will that be carried over to this new Complete Collection along with ALL of the extras (teasers, radio spots, promos, sponsor ads, commentaries & isolated scores, interviews, etc) from each individual Season Set?

I'm just wondering if anyone has anymore info regarding this set?

Thanks!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
There are 156 episodes of the original series, Marco. :)

I'm glad I bought all of them season by season last year, so I'll probably pass on this re-release....even if Image decided to put them all of them in a smaller box (such as the impressive packaging that FOX did with the "digipacks" in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chosen One set, for example).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
As much as i like the series, i find it kind of expensive.I have just the old image release of volume 2 of the series.Any chance that when this big box comes out, that the individual seasons drop down to around 50 dollars ? I would love to slowly buy the entire series .

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This complete series set is a good deal. I paid around $350 for all five season box sets. 3 from Costco and one from Frys and the first one from Best Buy. Sounds like those who buy the entire series box set now could get it at $100 less, but without the book.

Tony, if you're a Costco member, you might find some of the seasons there still. They were going for $59 a season.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Nelson, that would be nice, except i dont live in the U.S.A. anymore.Im in Greece, i do most of my region 1 shopping off amazon.com.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I would bet the farm on the set not having the book. The good thing is that you can get the book very cheap on Amazon.

By the way, there's no radio spots on the sets. There's a relatively current series of radio shows that are adaptations of select episodes.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that's what I meant.

Maybe I'll hang onto the companion book from the 1st Season set than, when I decide to sell that off and pick up this new Collection. I'm really looking forward to this!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Deep Discount DVD is showing a pre-order price for 345.80, but the tvshowsondvd.com news item says the SRP will be 299.00. Which is right? Any other retailers showing prices yet? I want to get the best deal. Thanks.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
A quick question - on the orginal single discs from years and years ago, they had a bunch of cool extras - liner notes about the episodes, some of the bumpers - that sort of thing. Did these extras make it over to the season sets?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The Twilight Zone radio series from the 1990s, hosted by Stacy Keach and featuring contemporary actors such as Jason Alexander, are unfortunately all remakes of 1960s episodes, but if you want them all you can get them if you're a Sirius Satellite subscriber. Sirius runs them every weekend -- Saturdays and Sundays at 8 PM Eastern (11 PM Pacific) on Radio Classics -- Channel 118.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That's different than what is being discussed in this thread.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=DVD001252 This listing (which is what you're referring to) is currently available and, I believe, just collects the 5 current season sets bundled together (by DDD) in shrinkwrap.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=IMA002474 This listing is for Image's upcoming release of the Complete Definitive collection (notice the 10/3 release date on the page). The pre-order price for this is $199.49.

JerryK

Agent
I wish I would have waited for the release of the Definitive Season Box Sets. I bought the 5 Volume Box Sets back in 2003 and they are not in chronological order. Not a big deal but it is a nice touch to watch them as they aired instead of in random order.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
This sounds so sweet. $200 for an instant TZ collection. Wow. I don't think I'll bother with a HD version. These look good enough. However, I am hoping this isn't a bunch of dual-layer flippers.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I've asked this before, but how can high-definition make any difference on an old show produced decades ago like The Twilgiht Zone (which was filmed in the standard definition process)? I don't expect them to look any better than the excellent copies a lot of us already have, and these are excellent visually and audibly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The HD versions will look better because there will be more lines of resolution. It's the same as any movie that is on a high def disc.

EDIT: Those six episodes shot on tape in S2 will probably look the same though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks