Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Looney Tunes Golden Collection V - wish list

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 of 45 ONLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,862 posts

Posted August 12 2006 - 07:20 PM

Let me start by thanking WB for releasing the first three Golden Collections which I bought and have enjoyed immensely. I also plan to purchase volume 4 when it is released. However, all of us have favorites that haven't made it to tiny, shiny disc yet. Since we are over a year away from volume 5 coming out, perhaps a nudge from us now can get WB to consider our wishes for that next release. My top choices for inclusion are: Ali Baba Bunny Hare Brush High Note Hasty Hare Hare-Way To The Stars Mad As A Mars Hare Duck Dodgers And The Return Of The 24 1/2 Century Spaced Out Bunny (can you spot who my favorite character is?) David Weicker

#2 of 45 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,166 posts

Posted August 12 2006 - 10:04 PM

Chow Hound!

#3 of 45 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 12:36 AM

Coal Black & the Sebben Dwarfs Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips + more Foghorn Leghorn, Ralph Wolf & Sam the Sheepdog
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#4 of 45 OFFLINE   Dan Wiltshire

Dan Wiltshire

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 03:29 AM

I second CHOW HOUND... and would add more Jones: PUNCH TRUNK MUCH ADO ABOUT NUTTING DOG GONE SOUTH and McKimson: A FRACTURED LEGHORN A-LAD-IN-HIS-LAMP (Jim Backus as a loud-mouth genie. I haven't seen it in fifteen years, but remember it fondly as one of my favorites.) and certainly a disc devoted to the more controversial WW2-era shorts would be a good thing.

#5 of 45 OFFLINE   Carter of Mars

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator

• 245 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 03:34 AM

Another vote for Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs.

#6 of 45 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,483 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted August 13 2006 - 04:02 AM

Count me in for wanting some of the very un-PC stuff like Coal Black. It doesn't really matter to me what the specific contents are, I'd just like an interesting mix.

#7 of 45 OFFLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 04:14 AM

BUGS Hare Brush Bugs Bonnets Oily Hare Napoleon Bunny-Part Which is Witch? Bedevilled Rabbit Ali Baba Bunny Hare-Less Wolf Beanstalk Bunny A-Lad-in His Lamp Hare Trigger Buccaneer Bunny The Fair Haired Hare Mad as a Mars Hare Transylvania 6-5000 BONUS: Bugs Bunny Show- "Satan's Waitin'" full episode, "From Hare to Eternity" BIRDS Hyde and Go Tweet Tweety and the Beanstalk Trick or Tweet Tom-Tom Tomcat Zip N' Snort Hopalong Casualty Hip- Hip- Hurry! Little Boy Boo Plop Goes the Weasel The Leghorn Blows at Midnight A Fractured Leghorn Cracked Quack It's Hummer Time The Lion's Busy Cat's Paw BONUS: Sylvester & Tweety Show and Road Runner Show intros, Road Runner Show interstitials, Foghorn Leghorn TV commercials, "Pullet Surprise", "Father of the Bird", "Little Go Beep" DOGS Tree For Two Dr. Jerkyl's Hide Chow Hound Dog Gone South Dog Collared A Waggily Tale A Hound For Trouble Often an Orphan Bone Sweet Bone Hollywood Canine Canteen Ding Dog Daddy Ready, Woolen, and Able A Fox in a Fix To Itch Its Own Dog Tales BONUS: Bugs Bunny Show dogs episode ALL-STARS The Daffy Doc Porky's Duck Hunt Curtain Razor Design For Leaving Greedy For Tweety Who's Kitten Who? Mouse-Taken Identity Tweet and Lovely High Note Much Ado About Nutting Scent-imental Romeo Feather Dusted The Goofy Gophers Mexican Joyride Ducking the Devil BONUS: Bugs and Daffy's Carnival of the Animals

#8 of 45 OFFLINE   Beast

Beast

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 04:20 AM

I would love to see the 'Wartime Cartoons' and the infamous 'Banned 11' on the next release. They can probably put all 11 on one disc with some documentaries and such, as well as a few of the more un-PC cartoons to pad the numbers out. Just present them in the proper context and such.

http://looney.golden..../ltcuts11.html
R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003

#9 of 45 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for the link to finally be able to view this cartoon that I have heard about for years but had never seen. Update :The cartoon has been removed.

#10 of 45 OFFLINE   Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 04:31 AM

Without wishing to dampen the thread, Jerry Beck who consulted for WB on LT sorted out the running order for the 1st 10 box sets years ago! Your too late, I would imagine the state of elements and the order of restoration also played a big part in determining what gets released when. M

#11 of 45 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,670 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 06:00 AM

Bob Clampett:

COAL BLACK AND DE SEBBEN DWARFS
TIN PAN ALLEY CATS
EATIN' ON THE CUFF
THE HENPECKED DUCK
A COY DECOY
RUSSIAN RHAPSODY
HARE RIBBIN'
WAGON HEELS
JEEPERS CREEPERS
THE DAFFY DOC
PORKY'S TIRE TROUBLE
ROVER'S RIVAL
AFRICA SQUEAKS

Friz Freleng:

PORKY'S HIRED HAND
BUGS BUNNY NIPS THE NIPS
GOLDILOCKS & THE THREE JIVIN' BEARS
HARE SPLITTER
WISE QUACKERS
HIS BITTER HALF
TREE FOR TWO
HARE-LESS WOLF
JUNGLE JITTERS
STORK NAKED

Frank Tashlin:

PORKY AT THE CROCADERO
WHOLLY SMOKE
NASTY QUACKS
PORKY'S DOUBLE TROUBLE
PLANE DAFFY (released in LTGC IV)
SCRAP HAPPY DAFFY

Robert McKimson:

A FRACTURED LEGHORN
IT'S HUMMERTIME
DAFFY DOODLES
HARE WE GO
MUSCLE TUSSLE
WILD WILD WORLD

Chuck Jones:

CHOW HOUND
THE BEE-DEVILLED BRUIN

Tex Avery:

ALOHA HOOEY
PORKY'S DUCK HUNT
PORKY'S PREVIEW
ALL THIS AND RABBIT STEW
THE ISLE OF PINGO-PONGO
UNCLE TOM'S BUNGALOW

Art Davis:

ODOR OF THE DAY
CATCH AS CATS CAN
MOUSE MENACE
QUACKODILE TEARS

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#12 of 45 OFFLINE   Adrian_B

Adrian_B

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 06:36 AM

glad to see so much desire for Chow Hound up here. A wonderfully dark little short - Jones at his best. The rest of the Bugs/Wile E. shorts would be amazing - particularly the pun-filled one whose name currently slips my mind.

#13 of 45 OFFLINE   CraigAllen

CraigAllen

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 05:25 AM

My only request is a full disc spotlighting Foghorn Leghorn.

#14 of 45 OFFLINE   Tony S

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 05:44 AM

Gone Batty Rabbitson Crusoe The Oily American A disk of Foghorn Leghorn Bonus Feature: How Bugs Bunny Won The West (if not that at least the short: Wild and Wolly Hare

#15 of 45 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 06:02 AM

More 1930-1935 shorts. Plus, I wonder if they're going to get to something like "Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol" from 1979? -- that would also be great! So far, they have done a pretty good job of covering most of the years & styles, so I'd be happy with whatever they have planned... If Jerry Beck really did decide which ones would be released in what order years ago, then it would be nice if they could just release that list now for the first 10 volumes! --(after 10 volumes, I'm sure they'd be left with dismal garbage, and maybe before volume 10)

#16 of 45 OFFLINE   Jim Bur

Jim Bur

Stunt Coordinator

• 161 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 09:39 AM

If Warner's is following any running order layed out by Jerry Beck in selecting the cartoons for its Looney Tunes collections, they are obviously making a huge exception. In the Complete Illustrated Guide to Warners Brothers Cartoons, which Beck co-authored with Will Friedwald, it is stated as follows: "Coal Black is a Bob Clampett masterpiece, and certainly one of the greatest Warner Bros. cartoons ever made." Later, in his book "The 50 Greatest Cartoons", Beck ranked Coal Black as the 21st greatest cartoon of all time. Beck ranked only 7 other Warner Brothers cartoons ahead of Coal Black (What's Opera, Doc?, Duck Amuck, Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century, One Froggy Evening, Porky in Wackyland, Rabbit of Seville, and The Great Piggy Bank Robbery) , thus making Coal Black, in Mr. Beck's opinion, the 8th best Warner Brothers cartoon of all time. The next two Warner Brothers cartoons on Mr. Beck's all time list were Rabbit Seasoning and The Scarlet Pimpernel, which were ranked by Mr. Beck as numbers 30 and 31 respectively. The last two Warners Brothers cartoons on Mr. Beck's all time list were Book Revue and the Dover Boys, which he ranked respectively as the 45th and 49th greatest cartoons of all time. All the aforementioned cartoons, except for Coal Black, were released in the first two volumes of the Looney Tunes collection. Thus, Warners, appears to have strictly adhered to Mr. Beck's opinions on the quality of the cartoons in choosing which cartoons to release, except when it comes to Coal Black, which has never been released. Thus, they have so far refused to make even a "masterpiece" exception, as they continue to genuflect at the altar of Political Correctness.

#17 of 45 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 10:56 AM

delete

#18 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn Cornwell

Shawn Cornwell

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 08:00 PM

1954's "Bewitched Bunny"- as a child, I was alternately fascinated and terrified, not by the witch, but by those truly weird kids- "My name is Hansel! I'm Gretel." Would love to see it again.
Favorite Classics Not on DVD: One Hour With You, She Done Him Wrong, These Three, A Women's Face, The Magnificent Ambersons, The Hard Way ('43), The Human Comedy, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Cluny Brown, Margie, The Search, Beyond the Forest, Flamingo Road, Intruder in the Dust, The African...

#19 of 45 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted August 15 2006 - 06:04 AM

I'd like to see An Entire Disc of Tex Avery, with at least SOME of the following cartoons

Gold Diggers of '49 (1935)
Plane Dippy (1936)
The Blow Out (1936)
Page Miss Glory (1936)
Porky the Rainmaker (1936)
I'd Love to Take Orders from You (1936)
Don't Look Now (1936)
Porky the Wrestler (1937)
Porky's Duck Hunt (1937)
Little Red Walking Hood (1937)
Cinderella Meets Fella (1938)
A Feud There Was (1938)
Hamateur Night (1939)
Detoruing America (1939)
Cross Country Detours (1940)
The Bear's Tale (1940)
Aloha Hooey (1942)
Crazy Cruise (1942)

#20 of 45 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted August 15 2006 - 10:32 AM

Some of those have been released on some of the classic movies: Gold Diggers of '49 (1935) -- on Gold Diggers of 1935 DVD Page Miss Glory (1936) -- Top Hat DVD Detouring America (1939)-- Each Dawn I Die DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users