-

Photo

Adcom GFA-555MKII for sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,552 posts

Posted August 12 2006 - 07:19 AM

This was mint Adcom amp when I bought it. however, when it was shipped to me it got two knicks on the front corners and two of the cooling fins were slightly bent. This is still in very good shape-no scratches and missing paint except for what was mentioned. In a rack it will look near perfect.

It works perfect without any hum or noise.

$275 and shipping

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,552 posts

Posted August 12 2006 - 10:43 AM

I don't have a digital camera for pics. Picture a perfect condition amp and then you have 3 very distinct but localized and cosmetic flaws. This works perfect and has been completely checked out. If you purchase it and place it in a rack it will look great-the knicks on the front corners can be touched up with a sharpie.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted August 12 2006 - 12:55 PM

These are great amps. I've got a 555mkII for my sub amp / power testing amp. They don't recommend it, but I've bridged it into 4 ohms for over 800 watts before, passively cooled (no fan). Probably better used as a stereo amp or bridged into 8 ohms only, but still, monster amp for the price.
"There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary, and those that have friends."