-

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate Season 9

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted August 17 2006 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F
Hey, I just got an old S8 set as a gift from a friend and it has the short version of Threads on it. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt. Would there be any way to get the new version?

Unfortunately the offer has ended. I've received emails from a number of people in your situation, and the problem is compounded by the Sony/MGM/Fox thing; I doubt Fox has any discs to send out, and Sony is no longer responsible for the MGM titles.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#22 of 31 Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

• 223 posts

Posted August 18 2006 - 01:47 AM

Yeah I got stuck with the shorter version of Threads as well. I hope that Fox will be kind enough to include the uncut Threads as a bonus with Season 9. Even though they aren't responsible for the mistake, it would be a good thing to do for the fans.

#23 of 31 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted August 21 2006 - 11:45 AM

Sci-Fi has officially cancelled SG-1. S10 Will be allowed to finish but that will be the end. They cite drastic viewership drops from last year to this year as the reason. Atlantis will continue though.

www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7201

#24 of 31 Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted August 21 2006 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image
Just as I was getting into it as well!

#25 of 31 Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted August 21 2006 - 01:47 PM

That actually comes as a relief to me, because I've had my fill of Stargate SG-1, watching it on Showtime / syndication, and on the Sci-Fi Channel since it all started in 1997. The original series has come full circle, and it's a perfect time for it to end. If the 10th season finale ends with a cliffhanger, then they would have to make a one-shot TV movie sequel to wrap it up. I'd hate to see SG-1 go the unresolved SLIDERS route.

I don't collect either Stargate, but I've looked forward to them each Friday. Not sure where the Atlantis writers plan to take it because even after 3 years the Wraith are getting kind of stale at this point. At least SG-1 replaced the Ga'old with the Ori.

#26 of 31 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 08:53 AM

This may not be the end of SG-1. The show has made the jump to another network once before and the producers of the show are actively looking for either another station or format to carry forward the series.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#27 of 31 Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 11:42 PM

I cant believe this, at a time when there is talk of a movie sequel.

Just read the article, "falls short of ECW", yep, there's some real Science Fiction for you. Posted Image

#28 of 31 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 23 2006 - 02:37 AM

If Season 10 is the last, they should give us 9 and 10 FAT STYLE packaging.

#29 of 31 Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted August 23 2006 - 05:53 PM

I was bummed to hear about it the other day. Still, 10 seasons is a pretty good run and I've enjoyed seeing Browder and Black again - they really did well in revitalizing the show.

#30 of 31 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,293 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 31 2008 - 09:56 AM

I just thought I'd revive this thread to alert people that amazon has one of their "deals of the day" on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 for just $18.99

Click HERE. That's 62% off their regular price of $49.98.

But it's TODAY ONLY! So, if you are interested...act FAST! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#31 of 31 Robert Floto

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted January 31 2008 - 10:42 AM

Since Mike revived this thread, I'd like to check again on the status of any possible chance of acquiring the slim packaging for seasons 1-8.

Gord? Anyone?
Movies I would purchase instantly if they were available in their correct aspect ratio:
Death Trap, Innocent Blood, The Shadow, and Remo Williams