What's new

SVS Arizona HT Get-Together October 7, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Folks,

Well, it's been two years since the last SVS AZ Home Theater Get-Together. I wanted to do it annually, but last October I was working 80+ hour work weeks, and it just wasn't in the cards. This year, we're doing it again. The date is October 7, 2006 at my place. It will start at 2:00 p.m. Please send me a PM with your RSVP. RSVPing is very important as I intend to hit Ron up for enough swag for everyone who RSVPs.

It looks like Ron will make the trip again, so we'll get to hear from one of the SVS founders, and maybe gain some insight into the future of SVS.

On tap for this year's event is even more subs than last time. There will be:

Main room:

- A PB12-Ultra/2
- The new PB12-NSD
- The new SB12-Plus (depending on availability)
- A PB12-Plus (there’s also a chance this may instead be showcased in the two channel sitting room with a couple of SBS bookshelves, but will probably be used in the main system)

In the small room (my home office, actually):

- A PB10-ISD
- SVS bookshelves and center channel (5 channel)

For those keeping count, that’s 5 SVS subwoofers from their current entry level (PB10) to their current top-of-the-line (PB12-Ultra/2) and their bookshelf speakers. Both systems will be hooked up to the usual electronics you can find at http://www.robbroy.net/HT/Gear.cfm (electronics subject to change – I’m hooked on this hobby).

The PB12-NSD will almost certainly be for sale at the event. It will be brand new (shipped in just for this event) and is a great opportunity for someone in AZ to pick one up for free shipping. There is an outside chance the SB12-Plus will also be for sale, but the unit used for this event may have other venues in its future, so those looking for a small, sealed SVS should consider this a primer for what’s to come for them. The other three are from my personal collection, so no, they’re not for sale. :)

For those who have not seen it, there is a thread about the last get-together at http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsth.../page/0#655143.

Happy listening,

-Robb

PS. As Weez proved last year, you don't have to be from AZ to show up!

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Someone asked in a PM, so I figured I'd also respond here as well -- the GTG will be in Chandler (a suburb outside Phoenix).

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

So would I. I'm originally from the SF Bay Area. Maybe one day I'll bite the bullet and see if I can get myself thrown out of a hotel room by demoing SVS gear there.

I know I'd do what I can to show up to one of these in the Bay Area.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Gregg,

Yes, it is.

There will be two rooms running. The big room will have:

-Mitsubishi 62" DLP Television
-Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD player
-Denon 3805 receiver
-Denon 3910 DVD Player (audio only for SACD and DVDA; no video – sacrificed for HD DVD)
-DirecTV HD receiver
-Boston Acoustics VR-M90 mains
-Boston Acoustics MC center
-Boston Acoustics VR-MX side surrounds
-Boston Acoustics VR-M60 rear surrounds
-3 subs: SVS PB12-Ultra/2; SVS PB12-Plus (12.3 driver); and SB12-Plus (all three subs will be on a switcher for comparisons)

The small room will have:

-Gateway HD LCD television
-JVC progressive scan and DVDA DVD player
-Denon 3802 receiver
-SVS 5.0 speaker system
-3 subs: SVS PB12-NSD; SVS PB10-NSD; SVS PB10-ISD (all three subs will be on a switcher for comparisons)

-Robb

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
way cool
I have emailed my AZ associate about this event. However the Coyotes and Ducks are playing that night and he is also an NHF official....
regards

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
I have sent private messages to those who PM'd me. If I missed you, you can send me a private message, or email at the address you'll find at www.robbroy.net.

-Robb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks