What's new

X, Y AND ZEE with Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Caine coming? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Apparently, X, Y and Zee starring Dame Elizabeth Taylor and Sir Michael Caine is going to be released in the near future. According to posts on the IMDb, some fans called Sony in London, and apparently this will be released in R1 by Christmas 2006. Can't wait!

Andy

SONY has another Michael Caine film, a really under-rated WWII mission film called PLAY DIRTY. I really wish they'd release this. I caught it on TV recently and it was a pan & scan job after beautiful widescreen opening credits. Terrific performances from Caine and Nigel Davenport and tense detailed direction from Andre de Toth. Maybe some day....

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
PLAY DIRTY is actually an MGM property. So while Sony is, for now, not handling their product for DVD anymore, chances for this release have improved slightly. I don't know whether there will be new infrastructure at MGM's DVD department to pick up the slack; most of them were sacked when Sony took over.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
On the front of the Sony Choice Collection DVD-R the poster says that it's rated R. On the back on the DVD, it says that it's rated PG. I pulled out Leonard Maltin's book, which says that it was PG edited from original R. Has the R rated version ever actually been released? What was edited out?

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Mill Creek recently included it on a 4 film set with The Last Time I Saw Paris, Doctor Faustus, and The Driver's Seat. Don't know about the quality of it, but it's there for those who didn't pick up the MOD of it.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
t1g3r5fan said:
Mill Creek recently included it on a 4 film set with The Last Time I Saw Paris, Doctor Faustus, and The Driver's Seat. Don't know about the quality of it, but it's there for those who didn't pick up the MOD of it.

Oh, I was looking for a decent quality version of Driver's Seat. I haven't seen it and from what I've read it's bad, but I've been curious to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks