Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Disney - No Pirates or Cars on Blu-Ray in 2006

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 of 73 OFFLINE   MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 09:47 AM

thanx for link Jeff, Marek

#62 of 73 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,374 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 09:54 AM

I hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony of Disney using a streamed, heavily compressed MPEG2 video advertisement to try and sell a high definition disc format that's been roundly criticized for issuing some titles with pretty crappy MPEG2 transfers... Posted Image

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#63 of 73 OFFLINE   PeterTHX

PeterTHX

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 10:49 AM

they don't stream MPEG2

#64 of 73 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,374 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 10:58 AM

Well you got me there. Disney's using Macromedia Flash. However, MPEG2 most certainly is a streaming video format. Regardless, in light of the criticism Blu-ray has received I still find the fact that they're using blocky, artifact-ridden streaming video to advertise their Blu-ray titles pretty darned hilarious.

#65 of 73 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 12:11 PM

So you're saying they should have waited until most of the country had minimum 10 Mb/sec connections straight to their PCs to stream ads in HD?
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#66 of 73 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,374 posts

Posted September 11 2006 - 01:57 PM

That's not what I'm saying at all, but since you brought it up why not at least offer an HD version to those with sufficient bandwidth? After all, this trailer is advertising a product that supposedly offers a "Pristine 1080p Picture" that's "Beyond High Definition". I can stream HD movie trailers, why not HD disc ads? If you don't see the simple irony here then that's fine.

#67 of 73 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 12:29 AM

I can see the irony, but I guess I'm unclear on what exactly you were you expecting. The "Look and Sound" page for HD DVD doesn't have hi-def trailers either. In fact, the only place where you can find them as they apply to the format seems to be on the HD DVD and Blu-ray discs themselves.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#68 of 73 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,374 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 12:43 AM

In my response to your first post I think I stated what I was expecting pretty clearly: "I can stream HD movie trailers, why not HD disc ads?" And with that I think we should just drop the discussion, since it's a bit off-topic and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

#69 of 73 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 04:54 AM

Cool site. Thanks for the link. Sure would like a date for that POTC BD. Posted Image

#70 of 73 OFFLINE   MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 06:27 AM

ohh I will like to have POTC BD too Posted Image and Pearl Harbor dogfights hmm could be amazing in 1080p
and there is a note, that they will start with DVD/BD relaeses on same day from DECEMBER 2006 as Jeff mentioned earlier on page..,

hmm what relaeses we have this december ?

============================
from faq on the page :

question: When will BVHE start relaseing Blue-ray titles the same day as regular DVDtitles

answare: BVHE plans to have sama-day releases od DVD and Blu-ray titles starting in December 2006
============================

Marek

#71 of 73 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,488 posts

Posted September 12 2006 - 09:38 AM

Oh I would love to have both Pirates Of The Caribbean movies in 1080p with a minimum of 6.1 lossless audio. I would love for the audio to be so good matey that it would be off the edge of the map and sound like a monster. Posted Image

I can just see these movies on a 120" screen with a DTS-HD Master Audio track playing. Posted Image

Give us Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest in 1080p Blu-ray and I wont be able to pull the cash out of my wallet fast enough the day they become available Posted Image

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (256 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#72 of 73 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted January 23 2007 - 10:45 AM

Dates from the Bits rumor mill,

#73 of 73 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted January 23 2007 - 03:02 PM

I think it is about time to start a new thread on this for 2007. Yes? Posted Image
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"