-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best Buy August 11-14 Coupons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,638 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 09 2006 - 06:52 AM

Well, as the joke goes, for everyone but Mike Frezon. Posted Image

Noticed something on mine when I opened them up. There is no minimum dollar amount on the DVD coupon. Last time, IIRC, the coupon could not be used for anything less than $19.99.

Just thought I'd share.

#2 of 17 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,652 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 08:51 AM

I got my set of BB coupons yesterday. Too bad I can't think of anything to use them for.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 17 SteveCallas

SteveCallas

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 09:04 AM

Say guys, any of those coupons applicable to a tv purchase? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 42" LCD and was waiting for another printable BB 10% off coupon. If so, I'd appreciate it very much if someone wouldn't mind sending me theirs - BB used to send me some in 2005, but haven't seen any this year.

#4 of 17 JoeyR

JoeyR

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 02:47 PM

Steve, if I get some I will let you know, I've been receiving 10 to 12% off coupons almost every month from them and havent used one yet.

Guess I could wait til one expires then mail it to Mike Posted Image

#5 of 17 Hank_P

Hank_P

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 01:16 AM

Seems everytime I want to use mine, it's the first item listed in the "exceptions" part on the back. Some how I think my wife is emailing them and telling them what I need, then list it in the exceptions so I don't buy it.

The world is against me... I must be strong Posted Image

#6 of 17 Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks

Second Unit

• 381 posts
  • LocationLouisville, Ky

Posted August 10 2006 - 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCallas
Say guys, any of those coupons applicable to a tv purchase? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 42" LCD and was waiting for another printable BB 10% off coupon. If so, I'd appreciate it very much if someone wouldn't mind sending me theirs - BB used to send me some in 2005, but haven't seen any this year.
Steve,
You have Private Message.
Scott
Scott Shanks
Louisville, KY
My DVD Collection

#7 of 17 Brian Roche

Brian Roche

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 10:50 AM

I'm also looking for a coupon for a TV purchase. Wife finally gave in and is letting me get a 46" LCD and I was waiting for the next 10% off coupon. It looks like I got passed over this time by BB, and would greatly appreciate it if someone would send me theirs.

#8 of 17 Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 11:24 AM

Why'd they make the 3 coupons, different physical sizes? I keep dropping them because they don't line up when I go to put them in my pocket or with my checkbook.

#9 of 17 Lance_G

Lance_G

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 05:38 PM

Could someone please send me the link for the printable 10% DVD coupon? I also did not get my regular ones in the mail and coupon is valid starting tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!!

#10 of 17 stephen la

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 01:22 AM

I would like a printible 10% off coupon too..
can someone send that?

thanks

#11 of 17 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 04:52 AM

I didn't get mine, either. I guess it's because I haven't been spending very much money at BB, lately. I got excited when I saw an envelope of coupons last week among our mail. I got bummed out when I realized these coupons were for July.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#12 of 17 Shawn.F

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 10:19 AM

It figures: I get the coupons and its tax-free weekend in Taxachusetts. The only thing I might pick up at BB is the HD DVD of "Serenity".

#13 of 17 Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 11:50 AM

Wow, we just bought the Pioneer 6071 60" plasma HDTV (Best Buy anti-price-matching version of the 6070) last weekend, "tax-free weekend" here in Virginia, and now the coupons show up! Grrr. The good news, I guess, is that Best Buy raised the regular price by $1,000.00 in the last day or so, so we made out okay with the sale price based on the old regular price last Sunday. Whew! I think. Anyway, I used the 15% off coupon today on some noise-canceling headphones for my flight tonight -- I'm sitting in the Sam Adams lounge at the airport as I type this, just finished a 'Cherry Wheat' glass of goodness. Yum!

Er, that's all. Thanks!

Edit: Flight delayed 40 minutes so far. Connecting flight cancelled. Another Cherry Wheat. Arrrrgh!
My Family's DVD Collection
My Family's Game Collection

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

#14 of 17 Killergirl13

Killergirl13

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 05:44 AM

Hi there.
I would love a copy of that coupon too.
We just moved to Southern VA and bought the Mitsubishi 65" DLP TV this weekend at BB. Since we moved though we never got our coupons like usual. I figure I can try and get them to reimburse the coupon since the purchase was in the right time(on the 12th), but I got to make sure the prices and no interest remain. Actually, we are still trying to figure out if the 57" would be a better fit for the new living room before we take delivery. lol. Hopefully we at least picked a good TV, not too many reviews yet. If I could get a copy of any coupon for TV or home audio(got new DVD, receiver, and speakers), that would be so awesome. Thanks so much.
Great day to you all!

Heather

#15 of 17 Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Screenwriter

• 2,978 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killergirl13
Hi there.
I would love a copy of that coupon too.
We just moved to Southern VA and bought the Mitsubishi 65" DLP TV this weekend at BB. Since we moved though we never got our coupons like usual. I figure I can try and get them to reimburse the coupon since the purchase was in the right time(on the 12th), but I got to make sure the prices and no interest remain. Actually, we are still trying to figure out if the 57" would be a better fit for the new living room before we take delivery. lol. Hopefully we at least picked a good TV, not too many reviews yet. If I could get a copy of any coupon for TV or home audio(got new DVD, receiver, and speakers), that would be so awesome. Thanks so much.
Great day to you all!

Heather
I almost purchased the Mits 65" also. My coupon was for 12% and since it is on sale right now it came to $2815 plus tax. I passed because after thinking about it I need to sell off my current 65" first.

Come the Holiday season there will be a lot of sales so I'll probably pick one up then.

#16 of 17 RoyWilbury

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank_P
Seems everytime I want to use mine, it's the first item listed in the "exceptions" part on the back. Some how I think my wife is emailing them and telling them what I need, then list it in the exceptions so I don't buy it.

The world is against me... I must be strong Posted Image

I usually don't buy stuff every week, so I end up needing something from Best Buy maybe once per month, give or take. It seems like every time there is a Tuesday coming up for which I need to purchase something on CD or DVD, I magically get one of these Best Buy coupon packages. Of course, the problem is that the coupons are always good for Friday through Monday, and I don't think it's a coincidence that they never allow the coupons to be used on Tuesdays, because that's when all the new releases hit the shelves. The coupons still work if I get them after something I want comes out and I haven't got around to picking it up yet, it if all happens in the same week. But if it's more than a week old, then the increase over the first-week sales price can't be offset by the coupon discount. Usually, it's cheaper to just buy it on release day.

For big ticket items, though, the coupons could surely do some people some good I'm sure.

#17 of 17 Killergirl13

Killergirl13

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 15 2006 - 12:15 PM

Hello Everyone.
Just wanted to say I am all set. Husband ended up going in to the store and they were kind enough to give us the 12% off the TV with no issues. Didn't even have to get curt. lol 2800 versus Circuit's 3600. Not bad. One way or the other we are going to make the 65" work in the house, even if we eventually have to remodel. Our JVC 56" CRT we sold since we were moving was enjoyable so I have a feeling this 65" will be absolutely perfect. We also loaded up on good reviewed stuff which doesn't sell any cheaper online. For once I got my money's worth at overpriced BB! Should be a pretty sweet home theater experience. Thanks all and good luck next time around with the elusive coupons. Wish they would just email them.

Heather

Forum Nav Content I Follow