What's new

Firmware 2.0 to enable TrueHD5.1 (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
One more hurdle BD has to remember and clear between now and October. That's it, saving now for my player and receiver that will accept TrueHD DD.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yipee! Toshiba ROCKS!

Jerome, does your receiver not have discrete 5.1 analog inputs? That's all it takes...

- Steve

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
That is fairly sweet news indeed. Looks like Toshiba did/does have a clear big picture in mind with HD-DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Is it unreasonable to hope that they will correct the low LFE issue some people are experiencing with this firmware update? Serious question. I guess I'm not sure if this could be fixed with software or not.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I hooked my player to my Denon receiver via the analog cables for the first time yesterday(in anticipation of the eventual upgrade), and even the DD+ tracks outshine the already excellent audio heard through digital coax. I watched ENTER THE DRAGON, and I can't believe how open and alive that 33 year old soundtrack sounds in DD+. I can't wait for TrueHD!

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Thats awesome! I just ordered a Yammy RXV2600 coz i couldnt wait for a receiver that decodes DDTrueHD etc. But now im not regretting it..this will do it itself!..just not over HDMI 1.3 of course :)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Do I need some kind of bass managment in regards to this. I have the HK AVR 500, it has 5.1 channel inputs which is great but it pre dates bass managment.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Paul are you referring to those couple of first Warner HD DVDs ([iLast Samurai[/i] and I think POtO)? If so, I understand dialogue normalization corrects that problem.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Paul.S,

No, I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the low sub output generated by the player over analog inputs. This would be more a problem for people how have receiver's that do not perfom bass management over analog audio inputs.

The jury still appears to be out on whether or not my Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi actually does this or not.

Test tones on the player itself show an -18db(!) difference between the speaker tones and the sub. THX Optimizer tones were much more in-line. I'm using my receiver's Multi Ch. Adjust setting, which is supposed to allow me to use my speaker's settings and levels, etc. However, there is a huge difference in the results when comparing the Tosh's test tones to THX Optimizer.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has anyone here had problems with Dolby True HD audio droping out while watching a movie? I have had it happen a number of times and I have not had that problem if I have selected any other audio format.

I own the HD-A1 that has been updated to firmware 2.0

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
I've watched all 5 movies that currently have TrueHD and I've never had a dropout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks