What's new

Panny Ae900 and Denon or Oppo? (1 Viewer)

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya,

I am not sure if this should be here or in the Source section ...

Need some inputs from you guys on the above plan of mine.

The Pj is about set but I am still undecided on the source of Denon 1920 or Oppo Hd970. Any of you bros having this setup can voice out on its performance or anything in particular, good or bad?

Oh yes, I would like your model of Hdmi cable that you are using too.

Will be ouputting audio out to AVR via optical/coaxial (and existing HT)

Any inputs/comments is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
David

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi David - I would recommend the Denon DVD-1930CI, which will be released this month. It features 1080p upconversion over HDMI, and is priced the same as the current DVD-1920.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/edit...930CI1080p.php

For HDMI cable I don't see any need to purchase a particular brand name. A $15 cable should perform equally to a $150 Monster cable over short cable lengths (e.g. 10 feet). Return the cable only if you see any sparklies.

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Alon,

Thanks for the input, bro.

The problem is that where I come from there is no return policy so I must make a fairly correct decision or I am out in the For Sales section if you get what I mean. And yes I forgot to mention, it (hdmi) would be quite a substantial length of 10m maybe more(reason being ceiling mount Pj's with gear all in front)

Another bad trait of my vicinity is that the new models all command a premium over the older models hence the 1920 only unless I wait ....

Cheers and thanks again
David

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya Tim,

I am in South East Asia.

And I can get hold of Monoprice stuff thru the net but like I said if there are compatibility issues it would still be an added expense since I would have then, probably have to get say Better Cables hdmi's which seems to get quite good reviews, mostly, thou' they are more expensive.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks