Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New World DC apparently not on the schedule for HD in 06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 07 2006 - 05:55 PM

according to the latest article in Home Media Retailing , New Line plans to wait until early 07 to being releasing titles, starting with New releases first and then slowly adding in catalog titles. I would take this to mean that the rumoured expanded cut of The New World will NOT be seeing a HD release in the 4th Q.
Posted Image very disappointing. should have just gotten the sd version when it was on sale I guess.

other news from the same article-
only 10 more Paramount titles this year
about 35-50 more Warner titles (quite a difference compared to that list that was leaked earlier in the year and which had so far proven to be fairly accurate)
and Universal will have a total of 60 titles on the shelf at the close of '06.

#2 of 3 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted August 07 2006 - 06:31 PM

Paul, I thought New Line was releasing fims during the 4th Quarter of 2006?

#3 of 3 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 12:26 AM

that's what I thought too, but apparently not. Seems pretty stupid to me to wait until after the big selling season, but this could due to a few factors- uncertainty over just what effect the PS3 will have; a bottleneck in the replication lines; or who knows what.

I never really expected LOTR this early, but this also means no HD edition of Dark City for a while either. But by far one of the ones I was most looking forward to was The New World.