Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New World DC apparently not on the schedule for HD in 06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 07 2006 - 05:55 PM

according to the latest article in Home Media Retailing , New Line plans to wait until early 07 to being releasing titles, starting with New releases first and then slowly adding in catalog titles. I would take this to mean that the rumoured expanded cut of The New World will NOT be seeing a HD release in the 4th Q.
Posted Image very disappointing. should have just gotten the sd version when it was on sale I guess.

other news from the same article-
only 10 more Paramount titles this year
about 35-50 more Warner titles (quite a difference compared to that list that was leaked earlier in the year and which had so far proven to be fairly accurate)
and Universal will have a total of 60 titles on the shelf at the close of '06.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,703 posts

Posted August 07 2006 - 06:31 PM

Paul, I thought New Line was releasing fims during the 4th Quarter of 2006?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 12:26 AM

that's what I thought too, but apparently not. Seems pretty stupid to me to wait until after the big selling season, but this could due to a few factors- uncertainty over just what effect the PS3 will have; a bottleneck in the replication lines; or who knows what.

I never really expected LOTR this early, but this also means no HD edition of Dark City for a while either. But by far one of the ones I was most looking forward to was The New World.