What's new

Sci-Fi picks up re-runs of Enterprise, Jake 2.0 among others in major Paramount deal (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Great to see Wolf Lake and Tales From The Darkside in the list of acquisitions... I never got to see Wolf Lake during its origianal run, and I'm curious to check it out. And I've greatly missed Tales From The Darkside (which I'm still hoping will make it to DVD eventually!).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure they have... I thought I saw a press release that they were planning to run it alongside Galactica in October.

As to this... Mm, more Keegan Connor Tracy. And I didn't realize All Souls made it to series; I thought it was just a failed pilot.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
This helps to wash out the bad taste in my mouth seeing ECW on SciFi. Adding in Eureka, and SciFi is worth watching outside of Fridays, again.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I am glad they are re-running All Souls and Special Unit 2 so that I can replace my crappy slp versions. I am worried about how much will be cut for extra commercials. :frowning:

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
With the Stargate franchise faultering on the SCIFI channel and a great likelyhood of cancellation, they'll need stuff to fill in the gaps left by Gate.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
For those of you that are interested in seeing Jake 2.0, the first 3 episodes air this Friday, January 5th on Sci-Fi. Check you local guides for times.

Glenn

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Great, so they finally get a Star Trek series on the Sci-Fi Channel and they choose.... Enterprise? Aw, come on. Couldn't they run DS9 or something instead?

(Actually, DS9 would have been a shrewd move. There is a lot of overlap between DS9 fans and BSG fans, so if they were smart about it, they could use DS9 reruns to lure in new viewers for BSG.)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

They didn't exactly choose Enterprise. All the other series are locked up in long term deals with other networks. Spike has the rights to air TNG, DS9, & VGR. TV Land & G4, IIRC, have the rights to the unremastered TOS. Remastered TOS airs in syndication, taking over Enterprise's slot.

LCD22

Screenwriter
According to the Sci-Fi Channel's schedule, the final four episodes of "Jake 2.0" that didn't air on UPN will air on Friday, February 2. "Special Unit 2" will start airing the following Friday.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I guess the question I'm really asking is: why didn't Sci-Fi Channel secure long term rights to some of those shows earlier? They've been around at least as long as Spike, and given the theme of their channel, you would expect SFC to be really eager to snag Star Trek.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Spike and Star Trek have common ownership in Viacom, although that may not be as much the case with the company's recent restructuring. Corporate cousins generally have the inside track on making deals like this. For Enterprise, Spike's programmers just might not have been interested or Sci-Fi may have offered enough money or favorable time slots to compensate for the difference.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Now if only they would pick up Surface so we can get a season 2. That show would be perfect on Sci-Fi.

Edit, just saw that the first season of Surface is on Universal HD now. Would be great if this show picked up some steam somewhere.

LCD22

Screenwriter

They aired the final four episodes of "Jake 2.0", but I never got HDNet, nor do I have an HDTV (yet), but I'm really looking forward to those unaired episodes in February. It was great to see "Jake 2.0" again last night on Sci-Fi. I won't be watching "Special Unit 2" when they finish with "Jake 2.0" as I really didn't care for it. Was Matthew Fox's series "Haunted" any good and should I check it out when Sci-Fi starts airing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks