Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sci-Fi picks up re-runs of Enterprise, Jake 2.0 among others in major Paramount deal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted August 03 2006 - 02:14 PM

I will finally get to see the four unaired episodes of "Jake 2.0"!

http://www.thefutonc....0060802scifi01

Sorry that should have read "Jake 2.0", not "Jack 2.0" in the thread title.

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted August 03 2006 - 03:24 PM

Great to see Wolf Lake and Tales From The Darkside in the list of acquisitions... I never got to see Wolf Lake during its origianal run, and I'm curious to check it out. And I've greatly missed Tales From The Darkside (which I'm still hoping will make it to DVD eventually!).

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted August 03 2006 - 06:08 PM

But they havent picked up series 2 of Doctor Who. Go figure!

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted August 04 2006 - 02:12 AM

I'm pretty sure they have... I thought I saw a press release that they were planning to run it alongside Galactica in October.

As to this... Mm, more Keegan Connor Tracy. And I didn't realize All Souls made it to series; I thought it was just a failed pilot.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted August 04 2006 - 05:32 AM

This helps to wash out the bad taste in my mouth seeing ECW on SciFi. Adding in Eureka, and SciFi is worth watching outside of Fridays, again.

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted August 04 2006 - 05:39 AM

While I am glad they are re-running All Souls and Special Unit 2 so that I can replace my crappy slp versions. I am worried about how much will be cut for extra commercials. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted August 04 2006 - 09:13 AM

I would like to see Tales from the Darkside aired alongside The Twilight Zone.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   david_hu

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted August 04 2006 - 08:27 PM

With the Stargate franchise faultering on the SCIFI channel and a great likelyhood of cancellation, they'll need stuff to fill in the gaps left by Gate.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted January 01 2007 - 04:47 AM

For those of you that are interested in seeing Jake 2.0, the first 3 episodes air this Friday, January 5th on Sci-Fi. Check you local guides for times.

Glenn

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted January 01 2007 - 06:23 AM

Great, so they finally get a Star Trek series on the Sci-Fi Channel and they choose.... Enterprise? Aw, come on. Couldn't they run DS9 or something instead?

(Actually, DS9 would have been a shrewd move. There is a lot of overlap between DS9 fans and BSG fans, so if they were smart about it, they could use DS9 reruns to lure in new viewers for BSG.)
“It’s great to be known, but it’s even better to be known as strange.” —Takeshi Kaga

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted January 01 2007 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the reminder about these shows coming to Scifi!
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted January 01 2007 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
Great, so they finally get a Star Trek series on the Sci-Fi Channel and they choose.... Enterprise? Aw, come on. Couldn't they run DS9 or something instead?

They didn't exactly choose Enterprise. All the other series are locked up in long term deals with other networks. Spike has the rights to air TNG, DS9, & VGR. TV Land & G4, IIRC, have the rights to the unremastered TOS. Remastered TOS airs in syndication, taking over Enterprise's slot.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted January 04 2007 - 03:41 AM

According to the Sci-Fi Channel's schedule, the final four episodes of "Jake 2.0" that didn't air on UPN will air on Friday, February 2. "Special Unit 2" will start airing the following Friday.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted January 04 2007 - 05:04 AM

i think hdnet has already aired all of the unaired jake 2.0 episodes.

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted January 04 2007 - 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Williams
They didn't exactly choose Enterprise. All the other series are locked up in long term deals with other networks. Spike has the rights to air TNG, DS9, & VGR. TV Land & G4, IIRC, have the rights to the unremastered TOS. Remastered TOS airs in syndication, taking over Enterprise's slot.
I guess the question I'm really asking is: why didn't Sci-Fi Channel secure long term rights to some of those shows earlier? They've been around at least as long as Spike, and given the theme of their channel, you would expect SFC to be really eager to snag Star Trek.
“It’s great to be known, but it’s even better to be known as strange.” —Takeshi Kaga

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 03:18 AM

Spike and Star Trek have common ownership in Viacom, although that may not be as much the case with the company's recent restructuring. Corporate cousins generally have the inside track on making deals like this. For Enterprise, Spike's programmers just might not have been interested or Sci-Fi may have offered enough money or favorable time slots to compensate for the difference.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 10:10 AM

Now if only they would pick up Surface so we can get a season 2. That show would be perfect on Sci-Fi.

Edit, just saw that the first season of Surface is on Universal HD now. Would be great if this show picked up some steam somewhere.

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S
i think hdnet has already aired all of the unaired jake 2.0 episodes.

They aired the final four episodes of "Jake 2.0", but I never got HDNet, nor do I have an HDTV (yet), but I'm really looking forward to those unaired episodes in February. It was great to see "Jake 2.0" again last night on Sci-Fi. I won't be watching "Special Unit 2" when they finish with "Jake 2.0" as I really didn't care for it. Was Matthew Fox's series "Haunted" any good and should I check it out when Sci-Fi starts airing it?

Forum Nav Content I Follow