-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

HDMI pic quality up to Component?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted July 31 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hi, i'd read that when the Toshiba's first came out, the HDMI pic quality was lacking. Did the firmware upgrade correct this? Is the pic quality comparable to component now? I just find it very easy and convenient to just have the one cord to plug in. Posted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Terry-A

• 46 posts

Posted August 01 2006 - 07:08 AM

i love the PQ of the HDMI connection....i tried the component and thought it looked washed out....and the sound was much better thru HDMI for me as well.....

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

• 4,612 posts

Posted August 01 2006 - 07:13 AM

If I recall correctly, Toshiba issued a firmware update that fixes the clipping of BTB and Peak White levels over HDMI. But I'm not sure if the old firmware did PC-level expansion in RGB mode either. I don't own an HD-A1 (yet).
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

• 4,648 posts
  • LocationKnocksville, TN

Posted August 01 2006 - 07:18 AM

I stille like component a little better for HD-DVD's after 1.4 . I like HDMI for DVD's though,
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users